Shoutbox

msn border problem and probably more.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn border problem and probably more.. (/showthread.php?tid=45116)

msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-22-2005 at 02:00 PM

hey there peops, i have the following problem...

from one day to the other it isn't possible any more to remove the border from my conversations in msn messenger, the button is gone. I've allready heard: "Check for virussess , reinstall messenger , check for adware , update the drivers of your videocard, change your winxp theme, install the new messenger 7.0 , fix errors from your registry , install windows antiSpyware ..." Up to now, nothing worked :S
Also i have this other tool, Eyeball , where i have 2 scrollbars now .. Thats why i think that there's more going on than just "a problem with my messenger" ^o)

i hope someone knows this problem and knows how to fix it !!

my details:
msn version: 6.2 + messenger plus latest version
msn problem: http://users.pandora.be/ThaChillplace/forum/msnprob.png
eyeball problem: http://users.pandora.be/ThaChillplace/forum/eyeb.png

grtz

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by mwe99 on 05-22-2005 at 02:06 PM

You should try updating to MSN 7 as someone suggested

http://messenger.msn.com

RE: RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-22-2005 at 02:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You should try updating to MSN 7 as someone suggested

http://messenger.msn.com

check my post , i did that , still having the same problem then :S
RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by mwe99 on 05-22-2005 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by w00t_mc

msn version: 6.2 + messenger plus latest version

thats why i was confused ....
do you have any skins or patches installed?

as for your Eyeball problem try Spybot

You could also try a clean install of MSN,

Uninstall, reboot then redownload and reinstall MSN
RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-22-2005 at 02:24 PM

well i don't like the new messenger7 with al its kiddy annoying stuff so i downgraded to 6.2 again since i'm having the same problem with both..

i only have msgplus installed, no skins , no patches!

i just installed spybot s&d , found 1registry key in windows/currentversion , but still having the same problem

as for "Uninstall, reboot then redownload and reinstall MSN" , did that too , didn't work :|

i'm sure getting kinda desperate here :S its to late for a system recovery and i certainly don't wanna format :s

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by RaceProUK on 05-22-2005 at 03:30 PM

This button? [Image: attachment.php?pid=466114]

That usually doesn't disappear unless you've patched MSN or installed a skin. The only other thing I can think of is you're running an older version of MSN6, which isn't possible because only 6.2.0205+ can sign in.

What exactly does this Eyeball software do btw?

Edit: Is it Eyeball Chat?
I'm going to install it, see if I get the same problem.

Update: Installed it, doesn't seem to be messing with anything, but I can't sign in to it to make sure. I'm just gonna get rid of it I think.

RE: RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-22-2005 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
This button? [Image: attachment.php?pid=466114]

That usually doesn't disappear unless you've patched MSN or installed a skin. The only other thing I can think of is you're running an older version of MSN6, which isn't possible because only 6.2.0205+ can sign in.

What exactly does this Eyeball software do btw?

Edit: Is it Eyeball Chat?
I'm going to install it, see if I get the same problem.

yes, that's the button...
the 2nd program is indeed eyeball-chat , not that i use it alot i just noticed that scrollbar problem now , u can find it at eyeballchat.com

i'm running  msn 6.2.0205. The strange thing is that i allways had this button, and from one day to the other , it disappeared. *-)

i didn't patch my messenger , nor installed a skin. I am running stuffplug but i have this plugin for a long time and my messenger was showing the button even with the plugin installed so that can't be the problem either.

Hope u guys can help me to solve this mistery!

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by RaceProUK on 05-22-2005 at 05:55 PM

Did the button disappear when you installed Eyeball? Either installed, or started using the MSN integration thing in it.

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by Dempsey on 05-22-2005 at 05:56 PM

doesn't the button disappear when you have the conversation maximised?

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by RaceProUK on 05-22-2005 at 06:00 PM

Yes.

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-22-2005 at 06:26 PM

LOL , i'm not really a newb when it comes to puters :p so this button is gone all the time , even when my screen is not maximized!

i used eyeball and msn together before and it worked just fine! Never used the msn integration in eyeball because i hardly use Eyeball!

so it must be something else :S

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by matty on 05-22-2005 at 06:31 PM

Here out of curiosity the shortcut to remove the border on the English install of MSN Messenger is CTRL+M try it out see if it will remove the border.

RE: RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-23-2005 at 12:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Here out of curiosity the shortcut to remove the border on the English install of MSN Messenger is CTRL+M try it out see if it will remove the border.

nope , doesn't work :S
is there noo other way to remove it ?
RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by RaceProUK on 05-23-2005 at 08:35 AM

I think we've run out of ideas here.
Have you tried e-mailing MSN about it? Don't mention anything 3rd party though: they'll just blame it on that.

RE: RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-23-2005 at 11:49 AM

quote:
I think we've run out of ideas here.
Have you tried e-mailing MSN about it? Don't mention anything 3rd party though: they'll just blame it on that.

didn't try that no, wich email-adress do you suggest to mail to ?
is there no place like an official microsoft/msn support forum ?
RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by RaceProUK on 05-23-2005 at 02:03 PM

There should be a 'Contact us' link, either on the MSn messenger site, or in the Help pages.

RE: RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-23-2005 at 08:37 PM

quote:
There should be a 'Contact us' link, either on the MSn messenger site, or in the Help pages.

ok i'v contacted them by email , i'll let you know what they suggest *-)
RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-25-2005 at 11:13 AM

LOL , even tho i stated that msgrPLUS couldnt be the problem , the only thing they mail me is to remove messenger PLUS, "because it's no windows software" , and then they explain me how to remove messenger and reinstall it ............. :S

they say mail u back if u still having the same problem :) oO i will :)

RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by RaceProUK on 05-25-2005 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Don't mention anything 3rd party though: they'll just blame it on that.
quote:
the only thing they mail me is to remove messenger PLUS
All you've done is prove me right.
RE: RE: msn border problem and probably more.. by w00t_mc on 05-25-2005 at 12:49 PM

quote:
quote:
Don't mention anything 3rd party though: they'll just blame it on that.
quote:
the only thing they mail me is to remove messenger PLUS
All you've done is prove me right.

well i replyd that i have done what they said and that i'm still having the same problem... wich i am :S

goddamn iwanna fix this problem :@