Shoutbox

firefox instead of explorer, how? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: firefox instead of explorer, how? (/showthread.php?tid=45162)

firefox instead of explorer, how? by ikdolshaquille@hot on 05-23-2005 at 08:59 AM

Heyz

I can't connect to msn messenger because I use firefox and messenger says that the explorer is not connect to the internet. I already searched the options and a lot of forums. so please if anybody knows how to change the web broser from internet explorer to mozilla firefox pleas help.

grmw

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by Pyroteq on 05-23-2005 at 09:37 AM

Your not making much sense..

Your asking how to change from explorer to firefox, yet you just said you are using firefox..

And weather you use explorer or firefox souldnt effect your messenger

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by linx05 on 05-23-2005 at 09:47 AM

Open up IE and click on File. Make sure there isn't a tick next to Work Offline.

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by mwe99 on 05-23-2005 at 10:39 AM

You may also want to make Mozilla FireFox your default browser by Tools, Options, Tick FireFox should check if it the default browser...

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by ikdolshaquille@hot on 05-23-2005 at 03:46 PM

perhaps i wasn't completly clear.

I get a  81000362. wich means that internet explorer is working offline. the problem is I deleted Iexplorer and I am using firefox now. so I was asking if there is a way to make msn messenger use firefox instead of
Iexplorer.

grmw

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by absorbation on 05-23-2005 at 04:01 PM

install IE as that is the catche for everything in msn messenger to work :P

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by Jhrono on 05-23-2005 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ikdolshaquille@hot

perhaps i wasn't completly clear.

I get a  81000362. wich means that internet explorer is working offline. the problem is I deleted Iexplorer and I am using firefox now. so I was asking if there is a way to make msn messenger use firefox instead of
Iexplorer.

grmw

quote:
Originally posted by linx05

Open up IE and click on File. Make sure there isn't a tick next to Work Offline.

RE: RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by Matti on 05-23-2005 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ikdolshaquille@hot
the problem is I deleted Iexplorer

Well, I think he wanna use Firefox to open sites from MSN Messenger.
First, reinstall IE, coz he needs that 2 connect.
Second, check if Firefox is your standard browser. Why, read third step.
Third, install StuffPlug-NG 2 and check the option "Open all links in default browser".

I think it will work that way... :S

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by ikdolshaquille@hot on 05-23-2005 at 05:32 PM

well as much as i hate it because i hate Iexplorer i will have to reinstall it. anyway thanks.

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by Protocol on 05-25-2005 at 04:02 AM

Internet Explorer is too deeply embedded into Windows to successfully remove. You will surely run into more problems than you already have. If you don’t use it, then just leave it there.

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by Y2Pdogg on 05-25-2005 at 04:11 AM

Deleting IE is a bad idea in the first place as some sites only let you view stuff with the Internet Explorer browser. Deleting it was a bad move.

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by Veggie on 05-25-2005 at 04:37 PM

Removing Internet Explorer is a bad idea, i recommend you reinstall it and see it it solves your problem

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by thepengwin on 06-22-2005 at 03:19 AM

I reckon it is a load of BS that MSN needs IE to run properly. i have to do the same thing and i get real tired of it. MSN can connect fine without IE they just made it so it cant

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by ChromeX on 06-21-2006 at 11:18 AM

guys, since the new version of msn live is out, the StuffPlug is not working, since it's made for v6 and 7. so how do i open all the links and the mail in firefox instead of IE?

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by Felu on 06-21-2006 at 11:21 AM

No sorry, but you have to wait till Stufs Plug is released for WLM. Goo to http://www.stufsplug.com and check ;)

RE: firefox instead of explorer, how? by ChromeX on 06-21-2006 at 11:24 AM

thanks, will wait then! (i thought there was any other solution, but it's ok)