Shoutbox

Personality Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Personality Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=45191)

Personality Messenger by Destruction on 05-23-2005 at 10:25 PM

hey guys, just something I thought some people might be interested in. I have just posted this comment on my homepage and released this first ever screenshot.

have a read etc. and let me know wat you think.

quote:
Here it is, the first look of Personality Messenger, we feel this product will hopefully put more fun into MSN Messenger for you all. It is customizable and looks great.

Personality Messenger will allow you to basically change your personality on MSN Messenger, so you can select a certain personality and watch the changes take place from your display picture to your friendly name letting your contacts know. We are still unsure on all the feature and what we should add / remove, we do have some great ideas and it is coming along very well at the moment.

This sneak peak is giving you all information on what we hope it will do. We hope you and your contacts will find this product fun and entertaining because that is what we have made it for. It is still a way from completion but if you like what your reading and seeing in the screenshot then you can sign up to be a beta tester for this product and test it before it is even released and before anyone else gets their hands on it.

[Image: pmshot.gif]
RE: Personality Messenger by albert on 05-23-2005 at 10:28 PM

seems nice, I just am not rlly understandig what this rlly do..

*lp15 googles "Personality Messenger"

RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 05-23-2005 at 11:09 PM

Lemme give you a little further explanation.

Right, once you open this product you can choose which personality currently suits you and have fun with it.

Once you choose a personality then it will adjust things like...

- display picture
- friendly name
- personal message
- status
- many many more options tbc.

This is all to adjust to that selected personality the best way we think possible.

we are currently thinking of methods to best do this application and are hoping for a release quite soon for testing.

Please feel free to ask for any further information.

RE: Personality Messenger by multimillion2k on 05-24-2005 at 01:54 AM

At the moment, it seems I can do pretty much the same thing with a simple quicktext script. What else does it offer?
Although it's nice to have someone else do all for you :)

RE: Personality Messenger by Y2Pdogg on 05-24-2005 at 04:43 AM

sounds good and simple. I know a couple people who would like this and it seems user-friendly from what you are saying. I'll keep an eye out for a release. ;)

RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 05-24-2005 at 08:57 AM

quote:
At the moment, it seems I can do pretty much the same thing with a simple quicktext script. What else does it offer?
Although it's nice to have someone else do all for you

I know what you are saying because I have only included like these general options.

quote:
- display picture
- friendly name
- personal message
- status
- many many more options tbc.

But each personality will have it's own different options to suit it.
RE: Personality Messenger by thequeenofmusic on 05-24-2005 at 04:42 PM

its seem really good... one question
how do u sing up for beta tester???

RE: Personality Messenger by absorbation on 05-24-2005 at 04:43 PM

I love it can i host your plugins they are great (y)

RE: Personality Messenger by albert on 05-24-2005 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thequeenofmusic
its seem really good... one question
how do u sing up for beta tester???

you have to post your infos on the website forum..

http://www.softladinc.co.uk/

the link is on the front page, you shouldnt miss it ;-)
RE: Personality Messenger by absorbation on 05-24-2005 at 06:33 PM

Well he makes good programs for msn, should make more in the future :P

RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 06-03-2005 at 10:28 PM

I have more screenshots for you all to enjoy, some of the shots are incomplete so don't think what you see is what you get.

I would be glad to answer any questions / suggestions etc.

There are 5 shots and the file size is about 275KB zipped up.

Here is one of the shots below!

[Image: annoying-dropdownmenu.gif]

Download The Screenshots Here!

RE: Personality Messenger by Abz2k4 on 06-03-2005 at 11:45 PM

I signed up to Beta test this the other day, i just hope i get accepted now as it seems like a pretty cool program.

RE: RE: Personality Messenger by Abz2k4 on 06-04-2005 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
how do you sing up againg??

You can do so by clicking here
RE: RE: RE: Personality Messenger by guanako on 06-04-2005 at 03:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
quote:
Originally posted by guanako
how do you sing up againg??

You can do so by clicking here

got it thatnks !!!(Y)
RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 06-04-2005 at 05:24 PM

quote:
I signed up to Beta test this the other day, i just hope i get accepted now as it seems like a pretty cool program.

The beta testers are just about finalised and will be announced very shortly. :)

RE: Personality Messenger by guanako on 06-05-2005 at 03:18 AM

i hope i can be one of the lucky ones to beta test it :D

RE: Personality Messenger by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 05:13 PM

Do you're other contacts have to have this program in order for it to have any effect?

RE: Personality Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-06-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Do you're other contacts have to have this program in order for it to have any effect?
no, as it doesn't "nothing more" then changing some settings you would otherwise need to set yourself manually; It simply groups already existing settings in MSN Messenger together in 1 easy to set option...
RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 06-06-2005 at 09:37 PM

quote:
no, as it doesn't "nothing more" then changing some settings you would otherwise need to set yourself manually; It simply groups already existing settings in MSN Messenger together in 1 easy to set option...

Wow, you haven't even seen the program and it's options all you have seen is a few screenshots and you have come to the worst conclusion ever.

Just from the screenshot above i cannot remember when msn messenger lets you shadow another contact.

I am not going to give out any other options at minute but you could not be more wrong cookie. Next time make sure you have the facts before you make silly judgements.

And no your contacts don't need it.
RE: RE: Personality Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-06-2005 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Destruction
quote:
Wow, you haven't even seen the program and it's options all you have seen is a few screenshots and you have come to the worst conclusion ever.
My conclussion is exactly the same as you just said and thus right: your contacts don't need it.

quote:
I am not going to give out any other options at minute but you could not be more wrong cookie. Next time make sure you have the facts before you make silly judgements.
The facts I get from your own post:
quote:
you can select a certain personality and watch the changes take place from your display picture to your friendly name letting your contacts know.
As far as I know there is only one conclussion for this and that is that your contacts do not need it because "all you do" (mind the quotes) is setting already existing options like display picture, nick, PM maybe?, statusses, etc with one press of a button... Also the screenshot is very clear in that; It clearly tell me that it groups settings together in what you are going to call "personalities" or "moods" or something like that...

So tell me what's wrong and silly with that? Because if it is wrong and silly, you did a very bad job in explaining the thing and in making the GUI if you ask me...
RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 06-06-2005 at 09:48 PM

you couldn't be more wrong. I suggest you wait till a release because i agree on some things like you can set things for yourself manually but some other things you can't.

Also my main objective of this product was to add more fun for users because it would be something fun, that is all so i never said they needed it. It is something fun for them.

RE: Personality Messenger by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 09:50 PM

(Y)that seems kewl, good luck with the beta testing stage, certainly something I will be keeping my eyes on!

RE: Personality Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-06-2005 at 09:52 PM

quote:
you couldn't be more wrong. I suggest you wait till a release because i agree on some things like you can set things for yourself manually but some other things you can't.

Also my main objective of this product was to add more fun for users because it would be something fun, that is all so i never said they needed it. It is something fun for them.
ermmm.. I think you are totally getting me wrong. With "they don't need it" I don't mean that this plugin/addon/whatever is useless and shouldn't be used, because all it did was grouping some stuff together...

I only replied to Mentality's question that, in case you have the addon, if your contacts need it also to let it function. This question is the same as asking if your contact would need Messenger Plus! also to see your colored nickname (in which case, the answer would be "yes")...

So, just as I said, the answer in this stage would be: "no, your contact don't need it", because all it does is grouping already existing MSN Messenger options together. Options which aren't depended on your contact having this addon or not...

;)

EDIT: So, I never said I don't like this plugin/addon. In fact I do like the look of it. And it is a nice idea to work it out further.
RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 06-06-2005 at 09:56 PM

k, my mistake. I apologise.

RE: Personality Messenger by guanako on 06-07-2005 at 02:05 AM

i just can wait for ther beta testers list i hope i can become one. it would be my first program/add on to beta test...cant wait*-) goodd luck DESTRUCTION !!!!

RE: Personality Messenger by Abz2k4 on 06-07-2005 at 08:15 AM

Destruction where will the chosen Beta Testers be announced? On here, SofladInc or will we be told by E-Mail?

RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 06-07-2005 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Destruction where will the chosen Beta Testers be announced? On here, SofladInc or will we be told by E-Mail?

Our site is now called D-SOFT btw. we just use the old domain.

Well all beta testers will be announced on our homepage because I don't think it is relevant if I was to post them on here.

RE: Personality Messenger by guanako on 06-07-2005 at 03:37 PM

but they should all get an email too rigth in case they cant get to ur web site

RE: Personality Messenger by Destruction on 06-08-2005 at 12:07 PM

beta testers have been announced, click here for latest info and link to testers.

http://www.softladinc.co.uk

quote:
You also have the option of setting your contacts to a specific personality and then your personality will react to this person, this is an early idea and could well change, we have not put a limit on the number of contacts you can set to a personality yet but we probably will do.