Shoutbox

ADPv2 - the revival ;) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: ADPv2 - the revival ;) (/showthread.php?tid=45244)

ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Yousef on 05-24-2005 at 09:03 PM

Alright, you might remember when I released Advanced Display Picture about half a year ago. Many features were highly requested, and thus the potential of this program was very great.

But, it was my first large-addon, and I made a few mistakes. It didn't work for some people because it requires the Messenger API. The people that did use it, probably didn't use all of its features, because of the maybe-not-so-user-friendly-GUI.

As you might know, I'm most of the time very busy, and most things I started aren't even released yet (MEWS 8-), SpeakIt)

This is why I talked with Destruction (the developer of Display Picture Manger), to take a look at my project. I can announce you he will be in charge of the coding from now on, and you can expect a version 2 of ADP to be released (may still take a few weeks-months of course).

This new version probably be a plugin, have a better interface, and probably some other features.

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Destruction on 05-24-2005 at 09:07 PM

Ye, I am extremely pleased to take on such as challenge, I have been having a good look at the project seeing how best to go about it and I have started work.

It will have a complete new look, new features and of course we will be making it into a plug-in for msgplus!

Screenshots will be added here as soon as possible and we hope you will all like it!

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by albert on 05-24-2005 at 09:08 PM

:D Nice to hear! Hopefully that will give you more time to work on others plugins Juzzi ;-)

And Destruction, I'm sure you'll do stm nice :) Ill be waiting :)

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by J.J on 05-25-2005 at 06:04 AM

Sounds great Juzzi and Destruction :grin:

I'll definately be downloading it once you make it into a Plus! plugin

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by aNILEator on 05-25-2005 at 11:08 AM

hey juzzi you still got taht silly animated display picture app we made :D

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by riahc4 on 05-26-2005 at 09:45 PM

Was ADP the animated display pictures thing that was intented a LONG time ago but never got finished....?

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Yousef on 05-27-2005 at 05:08 AM

Nope, check the description at this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30...d=294927#pid294927

@fukafly: I don't think it's worth to release that code, it really wasn't that special.

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by giken on 05-27-2005 at 07:16 PM

hope to see it soon ;)

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by aNILEator on 05-27-2005 at 07:56 PM

twas entertaining though having a spinning 7 up can :P

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Destruction on 05-29-2005 at 06:52 PM

OK guys, I have been having a play around with different bits, I am mainly concentrating on the design at the moment and I think I have found a winning formula.

I have attached a screenshot of the design and I would appreciate any feedback.

As you can see the right hand bar is the main options which have a mouseover effect as you can see on the information one.

The left hand side is going to be the main frames, and basically I am just hoping to make it much better and more customizeable.

I hope you like it, see the screenshot below!  cheers :)

p.s keep in mind what it looked like before.

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by aNILEator on 05-29-2005 at 10:59 PM

almost everyone prefers menu's on the left matey :D

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Destruction on 05-30-2005 at 01:14 AM

I don't think you can really say that mate because unless i see you show me an actual poll of results stating this over a long period of time then...

also different = good in my opinion. I don't want to be the same as everyone else with their plug-ins.

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Curtis on 05-30-2005 at 02:40 AM

I have a question.  Does it have a list of pictures that just spin?  Or will it allow us to import .gif animations for our display pictures?

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by J.J on 05-30-2005 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
almost everyone prefers menu's on the left matey

Agreed. I think you should put the menu on the left

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
Does it have a list of pictures that just spin?  Or will it allow us to import .gif animations for our display pictures?

It will allow you to add different display pictures and have them like a slideshow

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Destruction on 05-30-2005 at 08:47 PM

We will see about the menu but at the moment I am keeping it on the right.

I will try and get some more screenshots up very soon, it will take time but i will get there.

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by giken on 05-30-2005 at 09:25 PM

will it support the ability to set different dps as default for different messenger statuses (default ones and plus ones)?
to change them automatically by adp2 when I change the relative status? :)

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by albert on 05-30-2005 at 09:44 PM

looks and sounds good to me destruction, keep it coming :)

RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Destruction on 05-31-2005 at 10:01 AM

quote:
will it support the ability to set different dps as default for different messenger statuses (default ones and plus ones)?
to change them automatically by adp2 when I change the relative status?

That is something that I will probably make happen because it seems a good idea.
RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Yousef on 05-31-2005 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by provolino
to change them automatically by adp2 when I change the relative status? :)
ADP v1 already supported that :).

BTW des, you're doing a great job! I'm sure you can handle it.
RE: ADPv2 - the revival ;) by Curtis on 06-01-2005 at 03:25 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
Does it have a list of pictures that just spin?  Or will it allow us to import .gif animations for our display pictures?

It will allow you to add different display pictures and have them like a slideshow

Umm, that doesnt answer my question.  I meant like, if we make an animated avatar, will we be able to import that.  I've already got a slideshow one.