Shoutbox

delayedsignin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: delayedsignin (/showthread.php?tid=45275)

delayedsignin by mandy on 05-25-2005 at 03:19 PM

how come this wont work for me

quote:
Added "DelayedSignin" registry setting. You can now use this setting to make Messenger wait the specified period of time before automatically signing in when it starts. Some people reported that letting Messenger 7 automatically sign-in after a reboot made their whole computer be very slow, this new simple feature of Messenger Plus! by-passes the problem.

RE: delayedsignin by mwe99 on 05-25-2005 at 03:27 PM

Okay to help you we will need to know a few things:

+ What MSN version are you running?
+ Do you receive any error messages?
+ Do you have anything installed such as a plugin/patch?
+ What Operating System are you running?
+ What Plus! version are you running?

Hello and Welcome to the Messenger Plus! Forums. To make sure you contribute correctly, please have a look at the Forum Rules. This will help you to get the best experience from the Community.
RE: delayedsignin by mandy on 05-25-2005 at 03:39 PM

+ What MSN version are you running? 7.0.0813
+ Do you receive any error messages? no
+ Do you have anything installed such as a plugin/patch? a screenshot sender but its not loaded
+ What Operating System are you running? windows xp
+ What Plus! version are you running? 3.54

RE: delayedsignin by Sunshine on 05-25-2005 at 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php

HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2 DelayedSignin dword 0

You can use this setting to make Messenger automatically sign-in after the specified delay (expressed in seconds). Set the value to 0 to disable the feature. To use this feature, you must disable the auto-signin option of Messenger.

RE: delayedsignin by tuddy on 05-26-2005 at 02:46 AM

Cant it be set in My Preference? If so, it will be much easy and safe for me, 'cause I dont need to change the registry's value by myself. Also, if someone dont know something about registry and make some other changes to the registry, what is going to happen?

RE: delayedsignin by Caboose on 05-26-2005 at 03:24 AM

- It might be available in the Plus! Tweak, but I'm not sure since I don't use it myself.

- If you don't know what you're doing in the registry and you change something you're not supposed to, almost anything bad imaginable can happen to your system (minus physically blowing up :P), including not being able to boot and having to do a re-install (or reformat, even) of Windows.