Shoutbox

Liverpool won! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Liverpool won! (/showthread.php?tid=45296)

Liverpool won! by Weyzza on 05-25-2005 at 09:33 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

RE: Liverpool won! by Stigmata on 05-25-2005 at 09:35 PM

my god... at the start, did you seriously think they could win :o

loved dudecs dancing before the pens..

(but he came off the line didnt he 8-))

RE: Liverpool won! by Plik on 05-25-2005 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
loved dudecs dancing before the pens..

Yeh that was the funniest bit of football ive ever seen. Especially the leg wobbling one :lol:

Did pretty good to get back from 3-0 down
RE: Liverpool won! by paperless on 05-25-2005 at 09:42 PM

WHAT!!??

IT WAS 3-0!!
damnit!!! They won Chelsea now i wanted them to be humiliated!! AARGH.

RE: Liverpool won! by Yousef on 05-25-2005 at 09:50 PM

Nice match, I didn't see all of it, but dudek was funny indeed... Maybe still some dutch habits ;)

RE: Liverpool won! by Weyzza on 05-25-2005 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
Nice match, I didn't see all of it, but dudek was funny indeed... Maybe still some dutch habits ;)
He is a Polish :p
And, yes, he rocks.
RE: Liverpool won! by paperless on 05-25-2005 at 10:01 PM

What did he do

RE: Liverpool won! by Zephyr on 05-25-2005 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
What did he do

He did some wierd dancing on the line when in goal for the penalty shootout. His legs went all wobbly. It seemed to do the trick putting the Milan players off.

It was a great match and i don't think anyone thought they would come back.

Milan Pwned By Liverpool by John Anderton on 05-26-2005 at 04:55 AM

Last nite i saw the most unbelievable soccer match ever :|
Milan took the lead in the 1st minute via a goal by Paulo Maldini and then Hernan Crespo scored twice in the 39th and 44th min to make it 3 - 0.
Liverpool's Defence was in wreck and Milan's was perfect as usual ....
I tht that the score at the end of the 90 mins could be 7 - 0 or something the way the teams were playing cause Liverpool was being pwned :P

Me and my dad were like .... scoring 3 goals against an inform Milan side aint possible ..... but Liverpool, i think put in Duracell batteries or whatever but they scored 3 goals in the 54th, 56th and 60th min. The 3rd was a penalty.

It went to extra time and then penalties ... where Liverpool's goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek shined by saving 2 penalties thus enabling them to win 3 - 2 in penalties :D

News detail on EspnStar.Com

This match started at 12.30 am and ended at 3 am .... it was seriously worth it :P For all soccer fans it is a must watch :D

All Hail :bow: Liverpool :bow: the new champions of europe :grin:

Here are the winning image u might wanna see :) (I coulndt get the pic of the captain [Steven Gerrard] lifting the cup)

[Image: 1115342681559liverpool_060505.jpg]

OMGFBBQ .... that match was awesome :drool:

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Well ..... so did Dida and the other goalkeeper 2 yrs ago :P
A bit is ok ....
Btw .... it was late at nite and i didnt see it clearly .... but did Steven dive for that penalty ... how much contact was there ??
RE: Milan Pwned By Liverpool by lopardo on 05-26-2005 at 06:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Last nite i saw the most unbelievable soccer match ever
Most incredible football (:refuck:) match ever was Boca vs. River last year in Libertadores Cup.

And Milan was pwned by Boca in 2003, Intercontinental Cup :)
RE: Milan Pwned By Liverpool by Eljay on 05-26-2005 at 06:38 AM

quote:
(I coulndt get the pic of the captain [Steven Gerrard] lifting the cup)

[Image: 304894_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg]

AMAZING GAME!
so much for dida the penalty stopper :P
RE: Milan Pwned By Liverpool by John Anderton on 05-26-2005 at 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Boca vs. River
I know Boca Juniors and i know River plate .... i heard about the match on sports center on ESPN :refuck:
quote:
And Milan was pwned by Boca in 2003, Intercontinental Cup
* John Anderton remembers that match ....
After that Milan sent a 2nd grade side to the next Champions League match as all their top players played in that match .... Milan lost but it was ok as they had already qualified for the next round :)
So next yr in the Intercontinental cup it is Liverpool vs ???

quote:
Most incredible football () match ever was Boca vs. River last year in Libertadores Cup.
C'Mon ..... Liverpool was being pwned b4 half time ... 3 - 0 down .... defence in taters ....
I think Rafael Benitez must have given them the talk of their lives for this to happen :P
* John Anderton will catch the replay later ...
And btw ... about that merger ... i think that the other post should be merged with this one as this news aint T&T but GCC :)

Addition After Lj's Post:
Thanks for the pic ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
so much for dida the penalty stopper
Dida stopped all those penalties by jumping off the line 2 yrs ago :P
That match was worth stying awake till 3 in the morning ...
At half time seeing the score at 3 - 0 my dad slept ... when it became 3 - 3 in the 60th min i woke my dad up ... he saw the whole match even tho he had to wake up again at 5 am :P Truly awesome :D

Btw ..... how much contact was there when steven gerard won the penalty .... i didnt see it clearly ??
Was it enough to take him down or was it a bit of a dive ?? I dont care newayz cause Liverpool won :D
* John Anderton thinks wearing the liverpool jersey helped ;)
RE: Milan Pwned By Liverpool by Eljay on 05-26-2005 at 06:46 AM

i think the main reason their first half was crap is because they didnt have hamann on first half

RE: Milan Pwned By Liverpool by Nathan on 05-26-2005 at 06:48 AM

liverpool are the best yeahhhhhh
all hail liverpool all kick ac milan

RE: Liverpool won! by user27089 on 05-26-2005 at 06:49 AM

I really wasn't expecting Liverpool to win, A.C. Milan are actually an amazing team. My friend Francesco (Italian) at my school loves them, and he was bragging so bad yesterday about how for ever british player there is, there's a better A.C. Milan player :lol:.

RE: Milan Pwned By Liverpool by John Anderton on 05-26-2005 at 06:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
i think the main reason their first half was crap is because they didnt have hamann on first half
Ya he really made a difference .... Kaka, shevchenko and crespo were rampant :|

quote:
Btw ..... how much contact was there when steven gerard won the penalty .... i didnt see it clearly ??
Was it enough to take him down or was it a bit of a dive ?? I dont care newayz cause Liverpool won :D
Anyone ???
RE: Liverpool won! by Chris4 on 05-27-2005 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
WHAT!!??

IT WAS 3-0!!
damnit!!! They won Chelsea now i wanted them to be humiliated!! AARGH.

Lol, I feel the same way. But towards the end, I wanted Liverpool to win because they had a great come-back. I honestly thought they had no chance in coming back. I thought it was over.

Benitez [liverpool manager] must of said something amazing at half time :P
RE: Liverpool won! by John Anderton on 05-27-2005 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
I thought it was over.
I dont think that even the most die hard fan who was in his sences (not drunk or otherwise) would have said otherwise :P

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
Benitez [liverpool manager] must of said something amazing at half time
Team talk of a lifetime :P

I saw the replay again last nite and i noticed that Steven Gerrard didnt have to fall down ... slight contact but he could have continued .... but do u think i care :P
AC Milan fans must be like "WTF :blah:"
RE: Liverpool won! by Millenium_edition on 05-27-2005 at 04:37 PM

I really didn't expect liverpool to beat chelsea... :-/ I wanted milan to win to be honest. :(
why did they have to suck starting from the second half? their penalties weren't worth a dime.

Oh and, Dudek should become clown instead of dancing like a moron in a professional football game.

RE: Liverpool won! by John Anderton on 05-27-2005 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
Oh and, Dudek should become clown instead of dancing like a moron in a professional football game.
:lol: :P
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
their penalties weren't worth a dime.
Seriously ...
2 yrs back Andryl Schevchenko took that awesome 5th penalty to clinch the silverware ... this time around the penalty was AWEFUL
Seriously ... straight down the center :-/ ... well almost ... it was a bit to the left from our view.
I took better penalties 2 hours ago with an injured foot :dodgy: :-/
RE: Liverpool won! by Veggie on 05-27-2005 at 06:33 PM

It was a good match but any match that is decided on penalties isn't really that great, as my mate says "its just a draw"

RE: Liverpool won! by lopardo on 05-27-2005 at 09:13 PM

quote:
quote:
Boca vs. River
I know Boca Juniors and i know River plate .... i heard about the match on sports center on ESPN :refuck:

You should also know that Boca pwns River and is the number one team in Argentina :P

quote:
quote:
And Milan was pwned by Boca in 2003, Intercontinental Cup
* John Anderton remembers that match ....

After that Milan sent a 2nd grade side to the next Champions League match as all their top players played in that match .... Milan lost but it was ok as they had already qualified for the next round :)
So next yr in the Intercontinental cup it is Liverpool vs ???
Vs. whoever wins the Libertadores cup... Boca and River are in quarterfinals.

BTW, the Intercontinental cup is in December :)
RE: Liverpool won! by Pipish on 05-28-2005 at 03:46 AM

yes :) they won ! i was so glad they did dudek is my hero

RE: Liverpool won! by emit on 05-28-2005 at 05:00 AM

Dudek just copied Bruce Grobbelar with the dancing on the line before the penalties. Liverpool didn't deserve to win, or even be there. Chelsea should've been there. And AC Milan totally outplayed them.

RE: Liverpool won! by John Anderton on 05-28-2005 at 07:33 AM

quote:
Vs. whoever wins the Libertadores cup... Boca and River are in quarterfinals.
I knew that but i wanted to know who won it ... its in the semi's ... ok :)
quote:
Originally posted by Time
Dudek just copied Bruce Grobbelar with the dancing on the line before the penalties.
Which tem is he from ??
quote:
Liverpool didn't deserve to win, or even be there
They outplayed milan in the 2nd half. And i agree that semifinals should have gone the other way but chelsea didnt do any favors to themselves too. Lampard missing a sitter ..... All of us watching were like :blah:
quote:
And AC Milan totally outplayed them.
In the 1st half but in the 2nd their defence was like a leaky claudron :dodgy: Liverpool did a bit better in defence in the 2nd half :)
RE: RE: Liverpool won! by einum on 05-28-2005 at 08:45 AM

quote:
quote:
Dudek just copied Bruce Grobbelar with the dancing on the line before the penalties.
Which tem is he from ??
He was goalkeeper for LFC in the mighty eighties, and did a similar show on penalty shootout last time LFC won the European Cup in 1984.

Even though I'm a LFC fan, I see that if football should have been 100% fair, and the play have counted, AC Milan should have won. So a lot of people may say that LFC was lucky, when AC had their first 2-0 cancelled due to offside, and when a "miracle" happend on Schevchenko's double-chance in the 117. minute, but in the end there is the goals that counts, this time LFC got 6, AC got only 5.

A lot of people are curious what Benitez told the players at half time. According to John Arne Riise interviewed on Norwegian TV3 after the match, he didn't say much, except reminding the players that they had scored 3 in one half earlier this season - against Juventus. But the players heard 35.000 fans singing "You'll never walk alone" from the tribunes, and realized that most of them had spent most of their savings by following the team to Turkey. So they decided to go out there, do their best, and at least not humiliate them self. Well, they didn't!

I envy my brother, who was ringside on Atatürk stadium wednesday evening!

PS! Sorry for any bad English, as it is not my native language.

Football isn't a matter of life or death, it is much more important than that! - Bill Shankly
RE: Liverpool won! by John Anderton on 05-28-2005 at 08:49 AM

Btw .... life aint fair and neither is any sport.
U play better on the day and u take the title ... u make one mistake and ur done ...
Look at what happened to PSV ... milan shouldnt have been in the final if soccer was fair :P So nobody can blame anyone :P
One lapse of concentration cost PSV :P same was the case here :)

RE: Liverpool won! by John Anderton on 05-29-2005 at 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by buqingzi
But in the second half Milan again sat back to do what
they supposedly are best at, -defending
Ya that was the biggest mistake cause they are a team with a beautiful defence having legends like Paulo Maldini but their defence is aging and thats their weak point.
The 1st goal they conceeded was thru odinary marking, 2nd thru not staying on the ball (Simply too much space was allowed and Smitcer took the shot) and the last one again ... well dont need to explain there :P

RE: RE: Liverpool won! by steVenB on 06-01-2005 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Dudek just copied Bruce Grobbelar with the dancing on the line before the penalties. Liverpool didn't deserve to win, or even be there. Chelsea should've been there. And AC Milan totally outplayed them.

Liverpool deserved to be there. Chelski was due for a loss against Liverpool. Pretty much every game played between the two teams this year, Liverpool carried most of the play but didnt get the breaks. Chelski lost fair and sqaure as well as AC Milan. If you cant hold a 3-0 you shouldn't be champions of Europe.

Stevie G did go down easy but the counter attack that AC scored their second goal was clearly handdle by the Milan defense. I think the penalty was called to make things even.

Congrats to Liverpool...this is coming from a Man U fan too.

RE: Liverpool won! by John Anderton on 06-02-2005 at 05:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
Liverpool deserved to be there. Chelski was due for a loss against Liverpool. Pretty much every game played between the two teams this year, Liverpool carried most of the play but didnt get the breaks. Chelski lost fair and sqaure as well as AC Milan. If you cant hold a 3-0 you shouldn't be champions of Europe.

Stevie G did go down easy but the counter attack that AC scored their second goal was clearly handdle by the Milan defense. I think the penalty was called to make things even.

What :S I tht all 3 milan goals were fair :S
And Steven Gerrard could have continued with his run but meh .... this way they got a goal :P

quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
Congrats to Liverpool...this is coming from a Man U fan too.
Same here :cry: :P

Man old threads dont die :|