Shoutbox

Log Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Log Problem (/showthread.php?tid=45315)

Log Problem by trickydicky on 05-26-2005 at 09:09 AM

Hey a bit of a problem- i've got chat logs, right.

The problem is that every time i open a new conversation, it creates a completely new log.
So say i was talking to john, then i exited the conversation, and started a new one a few minutes/ hours later. It would make a new chat log. So in my chat log folder i have (for example) john@hotmail.com chat log, then i have john@hotmail.com1 chat log. For a few contacts i have come to john@hotmail.com28 !! is this normal?? because i would definately rather all of the logs for each contact combined, and made one log for each contact...??

help/ suggestions please....

RE: Log Problem by Mnjul on 05-26-2005 at 11:04 AM

That's definitely not normal at all...Plus! behaves in this way when it finds out the old log file has been locked (either by other programs or by itself) when trying to save new logs into the old file. I suggest you uninstall Plus! and reinstall it again, and see if this problem is solved :)

RE: Log Problem by trickydicky on 05-28-2005 at 05:59 AM

Thanks- I will try that... i suppose that will get rid of all of my preferences...??

RE: Log Problem by Mnjul on 05-28-2005 at 06:04 AM

When you launches the uninstaller of Plus!, you will be offered the option to preserve your current preferences or not. If you don't want to erase your preferences, just tell the uninstaller to do so when prompted. :)

RE: Log Problem by trickydicky on 05-28-2005 at 06:08 AM

Oh thanks a lot... ill try that