Shoutbox

Hotmail Photo Upload Tool - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool (/showthread.php?tid=45328)

Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by kierant on 05-26-2005 at 03:56 PM

I have just attempted to send photo's using this tool in Hotmail but it said it wasn't installed. I installed it but when I select the folder to choose the picture it says 'no photo in this folder'. How can I fix this as there clearly are pictures in it?

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by M73A on 05-26-2005 at 04:00 PM

i no its not an ansa but i tryed to use it and it just didnt work or was really crap, i find it easier to send photos using photobucket (Y)

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by mwe99 on 05-26-2005 at 04:13 PM

It works for me, check your security settings, what picture format are they in? gif, jpeg? bmp? etc

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by RaceProUK on 05-26-2005 at 05:38 PM

I personally use the standard Attach File.
But then, I use Firefox :)

RE: RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by kierant on 05-30-2005 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
It works for me, check your security settings, what picture format are they in? gif, jpeg? bmp? etc

Sorry for the late reply....

All of the pictures are jpegs. I have another computer that the upload tool works fine on but this is the household computer. It is my laptop that it does not work on.

I have tried changing some security settings but nothing appears to work. I tried temporarily disabling my Norton Firewall which has previously caused several things not to function properly such as my wireless network but this didn't seem to do the trick.

Any ideas?
RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by Sylvester35 on 05-07-2006 at 02:44 AM

I've been having the same problem with the downloading and instalation of msn photo upload tool, but i found this address, it takes you directly to the download page of that darn activex but the problem is that when I click it, as usual, nothing happens, try it and tell me if it works for you.

http://spaces.msn.com/mmm2005-09-20_19.45/PhotoActiveXDL.aspx?spud=1

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by Rhiannon_willis on 04-27-2009 at 12:20 PM

i am having the same problem on my laptop :(

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by M73A on 04-27-2009 at 10:11 PM

woah old thread revival! lol

browser?

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by cameron10 on 02-06-2011 at 12:56 PM

Why does it take so long to upload files to select photos in hotmail to upload. It used to be this was a simple task  now it takes ages. nothing has changed on my computer this only seems to have occurred since hotmail suspended this some time ago. Can someone tell a senior a simple and quicker way.

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by Arcticwolfx on 02-06-2011 at 01:16 PM

For Hotmail itself, apart from asking if you're running the latest browser, there's little that can be done.
Do you use the Add Attachment option or the Photo Upload option? I found the latter to be slower at times when they're both able of doing the same thing.

RE: RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by cameron10 on 02-16-2011 at 10:36 PM

I use the photo upload have tried attachments not much difference. It takes so long to open the files containing the photo's. It's only been a pain since hotmail suspended this a few months ago. Everyone I ask about this have the same problem.
Can hotmail not sort it out. Is there another programme that can be use thats simple to download and use for an old senior

RE: Hotmail Photo Upload Tool by cameron10 on 03-28-2011 at 12:24 PM

I still have problem with hotmail photo upload its useless in present form. It takes so long to navigate to the photo file and then to upload. Is there an alternative, i don't want to use programmes where my private family photos are viewed by all.
I have recently installed internet explorer 9 with no improvement. Please can someone out there explain to a senior in plain lingo what the problem is. I have a very fast system when scrolling the the files normaly. Its just when i try to upload and send that things grind to very slow. this used to be a treat to use what went wrong