Shoutbox

Webcam Video Freezes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Webcam Video Freezes (/showthread.php?tid=45331)

Webcam Video Freezes by RgZ on 05-26-2005 at 05:26 PM

Hello, both a friend and I have the latest msn messenger 7.0.0813 and whenever we use the webcam, her image freezes after a couple of minutes and has to cancel and invite again. This is continous and she tells me that with yahoo messenger, this doens't happen. We are both using winxp and are on dsl connections. Anyone have any idea why this is?
Thanks in advance for your help
RgZ

RE: Webcam Video Freezes by RaceProUK on 05-26-2005 at 05:35 PM

Webcam support in Messenger has always been a bit dodgy. If it works in YIM though, then I suppose you could use that for webcam... :/

RE: Webcam Video Freezes by Y2Pdogg on 05-26-2005 at 06:51 PM

Yea...if you don't have YIM, I recommend you get it if you want to view webcams as, from experience, YIM has always been better for webcams instead of MSN Messenger..

RE: Webcam Video Freezes by Savior on 05-26-2005 at 07:15 PM

Its could be your ISP her ISP or MSN Messenger.

RE: Webcam Video Freezes by RgZ on 05-27-2005 at 03:46 PM

Hello and thanks for the response. The problem with YIM is that when I select the cam option it just locks up the yahoo messenger. It's supposed to be better, but I'll never know 'cuz the whole program locks up on me. Msn messenger works for me, but only works for her for minutes at a time then she has to invite again. Oh well, I guess I gotta live with that.
Thanks again
RgZ