Shoutbox

RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card (/showthread.php?tid=45341)

RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by Mushroom_Man on 05-26-2005 at 08:55 PM

Here's one I don't think has been mentioned:

Would it be possible to replace the My Spaces feed in your contact card with an RSS feed from your own, otherwise situated blog?

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by Caboose on 05-26-2005 at 08:57 PM

Wow, that's a great idea! I'm not sure if it's possible though (since I don't code :P) but if it is possible, I assume only you would see it. I could be wrong though.

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by Dempsey on 05-26-2005 at 09:01 PM

yea only you would be able to see it as the spaces url is sent from the server AFAIK

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by Zephyr on 05-26-2005 at 09:11 PM

This was also discussed here, Suggestion: WordPress data on contact card.

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by Mushroom_Man on 05-27-2005 at 02:20 PM

My bad, I did a search for "RSS contact card", I didn't think of wordpress.

Too bad, it could have been good.

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by TheGeek on 05-27-2005 at 03:50 PM

MSN Spaces has a feature that lets you update your blog with an email.
I made a wordpress plugin that automatically sends a mail when a new post is made. I can send it to you, if you want...

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by Edu115 on 05-27-2005 at 04:13 PM

wordpress? what about other, like blogger?

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by TheGeek on 05-27-2005 at 10:13 PM

Does it support plugins?
(haven't tried blogger yet, i'm happy with wordpress)

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by Mushroom_Man on 05-31-2005 at 09:00 PM

But then the links link to my space, instead of my actual blog

RE: RSS feed of your blog instead of My Spaces in the Contact Card by TheGeek on 06-01-2005 at 12:05 PM

I put up a custom list with some explaination and a link to the full site on my space.