Shoutbox

Need a good video editing software. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need a good video editing software. (/showthread.php?tid=45348)

Need a good video editing software. by albert on 05-26-2005 at 10:06 PM

Im searching for a good video software, that would allow me to make a full video of some cut scenes Ive put on from my camcorder. I need the prog to do some animation ( black fading n stuff.. ). Also I need to be able to write text on the video..

if you guys know about any program, id rlly appreciate it.  so if you have any links for anything.. plz post, thx!

-truly

RE: Need a good video editing software. by Caboose on 05-26-2005 at 10:09 PM

If you're willing to spend a little money, I recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. It's about $100 and I think it's got everything you need.

RE: Need a good video editing software. by albert on 05-26-2005 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
If you're willing to spend a little money, I recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. It's about $100 and I think it's got everything you need.

Is it easy to use? Cuz I got no older experience in video editing..

RE: Need a good video editing software. by buzz on 05-26-2005 at 10:32 PM

windows movie maker can do all those things

RE: Need a good video editing software. by Concord Dawn on 05-26-2005 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
quote:
Originally posted by Caboose

Is it easy to use? Cuz I got no older experience in video editing..

I've tried it and it's rather confusing. From what you said it sounds like Windows Movie Maker is perfect for you. It does simple stuff like titles, transitions, and ability to add audio overtop of the video's audio. If you have WinXP you should already have it.
RE: Need a good video editing software. by albert on 05-26-2005 at 11:04 PM

hum.. Im going to sound rlly noobish when ill say I didnt know I had WMM..?! but.. I didnt :p seems perfect for what i need.. thx guys!

RE: Need a good video editing software. by ZrednaZ on 05-27-2005 at 12:22 AM

I was thinking.. Isn't there any nice in-between program? WMM is a bit too primitive (and much too unstable) to suit my needs, and Adobe Premiere really makes no sense to me. :D

RE: Need a good video editing software. by SikStyles on 05-27-2005 at 12:26 AM

well there is always Sony Vegas 4.0 or 5.0
i used them and they suited me very well..easy to use and easy to handle so give it a shot :)

RE: Need a good video editing software. by ZrednaZ on 05-27-2005 at 03:14 PM

Thanks, I'll have to try it out. I was creating a MsgPlus promotion video for fun about six months ago, but I practically couldn't get WMM to import any external video without having it crash as a result thereof. :^) Got to the point where the frustration forced to to give up on it... (heck, I wanted to avoid this: [Image: throwpc.gif])

RE: Need a good video editing software. by YottabyteWizard on 05-27-2005 at 04:22 PM

Pinnacle perhaps?