Shoutbox

Messenger with no install - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger with no install (/showthread.php?tid=45385)

Messenger with no install by TaKYoN on 05-27-2005 at 01:49 PM

Is this even possible?  I only ask cos my kids go to school and like to chat at lunchtime, but the school do not allow installation of new software, and they have blocked all the sites that allow online chats.

thanks

RE: Messenger with no install by Anubis on 05-27-2005 at 01:57 PM

Most school's block these, but online versions of msn messenger could be used like the official one webmessenger.msn.com/. Or even a less known one that that school doesn’t know of, that isn't blocked.

Also even though the installation of new software may be blocked, there are still ways you can get past that, if they download the executable and are able to use an exploit to install it even though it's blocked.

RE: Messenger with no install by Plik on 05-27-2005 at 06:47 PM

I recently saw some one using messenger off a usb pen drive. Im pretty sure they just copyied the contents of C:\Program Files\Msn Messenger (or where ever messenger is installed) into a folder on the pendrive.

RE: Messenger with no install by Nathan on 05-27-2005 at 09:30 PM

It may be a bit to much to ask. But could someone give me a list of all the sites for web msn.
But could someone I dont know if they would but make me a website with a web messenger but dosnt have keywords in like messenger web...

RE: Messenger with no install by absorbation on 05-27-2005 at 09:31 PM

Messenger live does but it's in beta and some schools don't allow it :)

RE: Messenger with no install by Nathan on 05-27-2005 at 09:38 PM

Ermm i no. I've tried it!It let me download it but after i instelled it it came up cannot open exe. file!