Shoutbox

Intel Graphics Controller - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Intel Graphics Controller (/showthread.php?tid=45388)

Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-27-2005 at 03:49 PM

Ok i dont have a graphics card (:-/ No agp slot :'() and thus my pc uses the default intel extreme graphics controller ... my motherboard is 815E
This controller can have upto 32 MB. originally it gave me 4 MB only and then i tweaked bios a bit and i got 8 MB but how can i get it to 32mb.
By tweaking i mean i turned on video caching :)
A friend has the 845 series motherboard and he can clearly see a setting to say how much he wants his controller to use ...
I know that it uses the ram to work as a GC. I mean that it takes a few MB out so windows will show a few MB less. Thats fine with me cause i have 256 MB SD ram and i have 108 MB ram to spare at any moment. So i dont mind losing a few MB.
Can someone help cause the help will be greatly appreciated. I can play so many games :rolleyes:
Btw .... Dxconfig shows that i have "Approx Graphic Memory = 32 MB" So thats my max capacity.
EA's "EAsy Info" shows that i have 8 MB so thats how much i actually have :)

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by user13774 on 05-27-2005 at 04:08 PM

I don't know an answer to your problem...

But I found out one thing: Intel 815E is a chipset and not a motherboard type :)

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-27-2005 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
But I found out one thing: Intel 815E is a chipset and not a motherboard type
Err thats what i meant ... i said otherwise by mistake :)
RE: Intel Graphics Controller by user13774 on 05-28-2005 at 07:43 AM

What motherboard do you have?

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-28-2005 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
What motherboard do you have?
Should i just post the whole DirectX report ??? Last i checked ... Dx allowed a text report.
HIS motherboard or something :S Where can i check ??
My chipset is as u already know Intel 82810E Graphics Controller
RE: Intel Graphics Controller by squall_leonhart69r on 05-28-2005 at 07:51 AM

John, buy a new mobo, intel extreme graphics are crappy and very limited

it doesn't matter how much ram you share to it, the Graphics subprocessor just isn't strong enough

Intel should just stick to cpu's and chipsets and not graphics chips

btw, have you tried a bios update?

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-28-2005 at 07:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
btw, have you tried a bios update?
Nope ... i had that in mind and i just wanted to get some reviews :)
quote:

John, buy a new mobo, intel extreme graphics are crappy and very limited
I know .... i was gonna get a NVDIA but my motherboard doesnt have a AGP slot so ill have to get a PCI card which is costlier :(
quote:

it doesn't matter how much ram you share to it, the Graphics subprocessor just isn't strong enough
I saw the 845 Chipset giving 32 Mb that'd be ok for me for now :)
quote:

Intel should just stick to cpu's and chipsets and not graphics chips
8-) :) This is the defualt chipset that came with my motherboard 8-)
RE: Intel Graphics Controller by squall_leonhart69r on 05-28-2005 at 08:08 AM

:P your confused mate LOL

Mobo = ???
Mobo Northbridge = Intel 815E
Mobo Graphics chip = Intel 82810E Graphics Controller

Nvidia isn't a mobo :P

well it is...

hmm ok hang on

when you say nvidia you mean you were gunna get an Nvidia Video card of the Geforce series perhaps

Nvidia also make motherboard chipsets called Nforce

there are 4 versions of the nforce so far :P
Nforce 1
Nforce 2
Nforce 3
Nforce 4 (Intel SLI (aka so Video cards connected to nearly double performance)

when i said buy a new mobo, i meant, get a new Motherboard which has a AGP slot, or PCI-E slot and buy a video card to put in it

Intel Graphics, is very weak, my gf's 'rents just bought a new machine and shes pissed coz sims was faster on her old laptop

mainly becoz the new machine is running an Intel Extreme graphics,

where as her laptop was running ATI IGP345 or something like that

intel onboard graphics doesn't even have its own hardware D3d engine, you'll notice that running games and stuff in software mode will be quicker. i hate onboard solutions...

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by matty on 05-28-2005 at 08:15 AM

Depending on the BIOS on the Motherboard, they now adays let you control how much RAM you dedicate to the Video Card. If you can load into your BIOS and tell us what you see we can help you from there. Also if it tells you the version at the top of the BIOS that would be great (Also the make shows at the TOP).

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-28-2005 at 08:20 AM

I cant get a new motherboard cause it costs 2900 INR + Costs for a new processor (which my admin sayz if ur getting a new mobo get a new chip as well :dodgy:)
So the nvidia gc costs 1900 and for that i have to spen 2 - 3 times the amount to be able to use it :/
I mabbe selling the whole CPU and getting a new one in a month or so (if the deal goes off smoothly) So i just want this for a month or so ??
How do u do a bios upgrade. I have heard of it but never tried it :)

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by squall_leonhart69r on 05-28-2005 at 08:26 AM

you need to download the bios rom file, and boot into dos

(pure dos, no device drivers or nothing)

these days you can also flash from windows but a restart is still required

what you should do is
download

Everest Home
http://www.lavalys.hu/downloads/everesthome200.exe

and find out your motherboard manufacturer, and download the latest bios revision for your mainboard

and you can still get motherboards for your cpu type

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-28-2005 at 03:28 PM

Ok how do i update bops cause the program says that the manufacturer is unknown :S

Plz help :-/

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by Plik on 05-28-2005 at 04:22 PM

See if there is a setting in your BIOS that adjusts the AGP Aperature (sp?) size, this is what controls how much onboard memory is donated to the onboard graphics chip

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by Apatik on 05-28-2005 at 07:53 PM

eer, are you sure that the agp aperture size has anything to do with the IGC? :-/

IGCs are not meant to run 'real' 3D games anyway *-)

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by SikStyles on 05-28-2005 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Ok i dont have a graphics card (:-/ No agp slot :'() and thus my pc uses the default intel extreme graphics controller ... my motherboard is 815E
This controller can have upto 32 MB. originally it gave me 4 MB only and then i tweaked bios a bit and i got 8 MB but how can i get it to 32mb.
A friend has the 845 series motherboard and he can clearly see a setting to say how much he wants his controller to use ...
I know that it uses the ram to work as a GC. I mean that it takes a few MB out so windows will show a few MB less. Thats fine with me cause i have 256 MB SD ram and i have 108 MB ram to spare at any moment. So i dont mind losing a few MB.
Can someone help cause the help will be greatly appreciated. I can play so many games :rolleyes:
Btw .... Dxconfig shows that i have "Approx Graphic Memory = 32 MB" So thats my max capacity.

omg i have the same shit..4mb its intergrated but how did u get it to go to 8mb?!

how do u turn on video cacheing?

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by Plik on 05-28-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
eer, are you sure that the agp aperture size has anything to do with the IGC? :-/

IGCs are not meant to run 'real' 3D games anyway *-)

Well he's asking how to increase the desegnated system memory for the graphics controler, and on my old computer that had an onboard graphics chip, you increased the AGP Aperature size. And an IGC should behave in exactly the same way.
RE: Intel Graphics Controller by Apatik on 05-28-2005 at 09:21 PM

agp aperture size is basically the amount of system memory shared with the gpu's..

thanks google :p

RE: Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-29-2005 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
See if there is a setting in your BIOS that adjusts the AGP Aperature (sp?) size, this is what controls how much onboard memory is donated to the onboard graphics chip
Well that is there in the 845 series chipset but since mine is the 815E series i dont have that option :cry:

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
how do u turn on video cacheing?
When the Pc starts press "delete" to open BIOS (u knew that i know :P) then in BIOS goto the 3rd option from the top which is "Advanced something something"
In that there will be an option called system catch, video catch and there are 2 more cache things ....
Turn on the video cache and ur done :)
Well to turn on just clickpage down when the cursor is on it or press enter then select the option ... (if u didnt know)

quote:
Originally posted by Madman

Well he's asking how to increase the desegnated system memory for the graphics controler, and on my old computer that had an onboard graphics chip, you increased the AGP Aperature size. And an IGC should behave in exactly the same way.
AGP Aperature size is in the same option as above rite ?? Then it aint there. It is there in the 845 series chipset :)
Btw ... whats the IGC change thing ??
RE: Intel Graphics Controller by YottabyteWizard on 05-29-2005 at 07:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

OMG, never thought of that, i have the chipset 810E on my other PC, logically integrated video too with 4MB, and I was thinking to buy a GeForce4 PCI Version, if it still exists....it's an option, and I think it's the best one, because changing the MB you'll need to change probably the CPU too, of course it won't have the same performance like a AGP card.
RE: Intel Graphics Controller by John Anderton on 05-29-2005 at 02:22 PM

Ya but the PCI card is much more costlier than a Agp card and i cant afford it. So for me this is the best option cause as i said i have lost of free ram so i can afford to loose 10 - 20 MB :)