Shoutbox

status checker from another site - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: status checker from another site (/showthread.php?tid=45418)

status checker from another site by rix on 05-28-2005 at 09:50 AM

I would like to use block-checker on my webpage and I found a nice donor. Now I have a question - how I post values from my website via form so, that it takes results from that site and shows them on my site.

PS! The site is: http://www.blockstatus.com/msn/stchecker

RE: status checker from another site by absorbation on 05-28-2005 at 09:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
I would like to use block-checker on my webpage and I found a nice donor. Now I have a question - how I post values from my website via form so, that it takes results from that site and shows them on my site.

PS! The site is: http://www.blockstatus.com/msn/stchecker

I just set up my block checker about 10 hours ago :P My host is down at the moment  but everything is in this folder http://www.msgstuff.com/block

Edit: It's in the attachment just upload and visit /block/index.html and it will work :P
RE: status checker from another site by rix on 05-28-2005 at 10:07 AM

Sorry, it doesn't work. I have unchecked that box in privacy settings, but it shows me offline, same while the other block checker, which link I gave before, shows my correct status.:(

RE: status checker from another site by Zephyr on 05-28-2005 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
Sorry, it doesn't work. I have unchecked that box in privacy settings, but it shows me offline, same while the other block checker, which link I gave before, shows my correct status.:(

Same happens for me with Absorbation's one. Rix, the site you posted works very well if they allow all others to see statuses.
RE: status checker from another site by absorbation on 05-28-2005 at 10:13 AM

Well it show them take the source from the page and the pages it links to in the script and use them :P I done that with mine but i thought i would save you the trouble :P

RE: status checker from another site by rix on 05-28-2005 at 10:16 AM

It's not worth the drouble if it even doesn't work. :P

monster.rat, that's why I asked possibilities about that site, cause most of others doesn't work. ;)

RE: status checker from another site by absorbation on 05-28-2005 at 10:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
It's not worth the drouble if it even doesn't work. :P

monster.rat, that's why I asked possibilities about that site, cause most of others doesn't work. ;)

I found mine on messenger mad, but you need to extact the sorce from that website. It may be hard to get ;)
RE: status checker from another site by rix on 05-28-2005 at 10:51 AM

Well, that even works. Strangely doesn't work yours, although theyre same? :P

I could ask MessengerMad admin/author if he/she may give me the code.

RE: status checker from another site by Eljay on 05-28-2005 at 06:56 PM

why steal from messengermad when its freely available here :P

http://tgm.uni.cc:81/

RE: status checker from another site by RaceProUK on 05-28-2005 at 07:06 PM

Er, you do know block checkers don't work?

RE: status checker from another site by King For A Day on 05-28-2005 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

try that one at the top it works pretty well i just tested it myself, set to apear offline, this user is offline, online, and it says im online and gives the nickname, it definatly works
RE: status checker from another site by saralk on 05-28-2005 at 07:36 PM

it wont work if the person who you are trying to block check has put "everyone else" on the block list.

RE: status checker from another site by CookieRevised on 05-28-2005 at 07:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
quote:

try that one at the top it works pretty well i just tested it myself, set to apear offline, this user is offline, online, and it says im online and gives the nickname, it definatly works
No! they do _not_ work...

Please read:

Block checkers DO NOT work
Block checkers DO NOT work ??
How come no block checkers work for me?
RE: status checker from another site by King For A Day on 05-28-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
quote:

No! they do _not_ work...

Please read:

Block checkers DO NOT work
Block checkers DO NOT work ??
How come no block checkers work for me?

test it and see. it works use two acounts and paly around like i havejust done with that one at the top, it works with that
RE: status checker from another site by ddunk on 05-28-2005 at 07:42 PM

But if you check the option that was previously stated by saralk...

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
it wont work if the person who you are trying to block check has put "everyone else" on the block list.

...they don't work.
RE: status checker from another site by King For A Day on 05-28-2005 at 07:44 PM

well they work most of the time, and most people wont have that checked, i know i dont, and none of my friends will play around with option in case they break it and kill the computer or something like that, so im happy to use it in the knowldge it will work for me

RE: status checker from another site by CookieRevised on 05-28-2005 at 07:47 PM

indeed Ddunk...

thus, King For A Day, that's the whole point of our posts (raceprouk's, saralk's, Ddunk's and mine); it does _not_ work...

If you think it is working, then fine for me, but don't spread this as a fact because it is not true...

;)

RE: status checker from another site by Jhrono on 05-28-2005 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

why steal from messengermad when its freely available here

That one works well :):P
RE: status checker from another site by absorbation on 05-28-2005 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

why steal from messengermad when its freely available here

That one works well :):P

I use that and so does messenger mad i've included the script in a zip file in my first post :P
RE: status checker from another site by RaceProUK on 05-28-2005 at 09:53 PM

FFS! They don't work! How many more frigging times?
At any time you like, try checking if I'm online! Go on, put raceprouk {at} hotmail {dot} co {dot} uk into it: it'll ALWAYS read offline!

RE: status checker from another site by Yousef on 05-28-2005 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Does it show 100% correct status?
Yes, but we do not guarantee it. As on January 16, 2004, Microsoft has patched the method which MSN Status Checker was using, Now if the person has "Only people in my allow list can see my status and send me messages" option enabled, then you will see them offline. And we cant do anything with this.

RE: status checker from another site by Jhrono on 05-28-2005 at 10:54 PM

quote:

FFS! They don't work! How many more frigging times?
At any time you like, try checking if I'm online! Go on, put raceprouk {at} hotmail {dot} co {dot} uk into it: it'll ALWAYS read offline!

I didnt try it, but with me, it works:P