Shoutbox

IS it possible to check other ppls versions? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: IS it possible to check other ppls versions? (/showthread.php?tid=45421)

IS it possible to check other ppls versions? by DJ_The_SP on 05-28-2005 at 10:32 AM

Hey,

I was wondering if it was possible to see what version of MSN the person i am chatting with has.
(So i can be sure if i send a moving smilie that he will be able to see that).

TIA.

RE: IS it possible to check other ppls versions? by Sunshine on 05-28-2005 at 10:34 AM

Only one way. Ask them, or if they have Plus! ask them to type (!VER).

RE: IS it possible to check other ppls versions? by rix on 05-28-2005 at 10:35 AM

Messenger doesn't let you send winks or smth when the other contact has older MSN Messenger version, which doesn't support winks and etc. And also, Plus! has (!VER) feature. ;)

-edit-
Im getting old and slow...

RE: IS it possible to check other ppls versions? by Anubis on 05-28-2005 at 11:14 AM

Yes, it is possible to do a check if they are using MSN  Messenger 7 or not.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_The_SP
I was wondering if it was possible to see what version of MSN the person i am chatting with has.
(So i can be sure if i send a moving smilie that he will be able to see that).

For that you will need to see if they have MSN Messenger Version 7 or not. One easy way to check this is to send a nudge to them.

In a conversation window press this button: [Image: attachment.php?pid=469702].
If they have MSN Messenger 7 you will get the message of you sending a nudge, if they don't you will get a message saying that they are using an older version of MSN Messenger without nudges (before version 7).
However please note, although this will tell you for sure if they are using a version before 7 or not, nudges will get the attention of your contact and can be annoying.