Shoutbox

Comments Required. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Comments Required. (/showthread.php?tid=45445)

Comments Required. by Stigmata on 05-28-2005 at 07:48 PM

for a while now me and a friend have been working on a add-on for msn messenger called Messenger Fusion.

Now Boasting a 60+ feature list we have two problems

1. We need more features
2. We need some way of working the commands system..

currently for the commands system to work, you need to type the text into the input box, and then press the parse menu item button that we have created.

Thing is, that is a crappy way of doing it, but is the only way we can do it, as we cannot read the text after the send button is clicked, because we are only alerted after the text is sent.

So i am requesting a way of making it work or alternatives.

is there a certain key that we could press? or would you like a button added to the window?  etc?

or does anyone know of any code that would help us.

Should We just leave it as it is?, I've enclosed a little movie demostrating...

http://www.plasticangels.com/uploads/commands%20demo.swf

bit of a lag, but that will be fixed in the release :)

RE: Comments Required. by SikStyles on 05-28-2005 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stigmata

1. We need more features

what are the features?

RE: Comments Required. by Stigmata on 05-28-2005 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
quote:
Originally posted by stigmata

1. We need more features

what are the features?

just name the features you would like to see.. :)
RE: Comments Required. by ddunk on 05-28-2005 at 07:56 PM

Why not use something like tab to parse and to keep with the mirc idea that plus already has. I kinda doubt people use the tab key to move around the convo screen, I couldn't see the use of it :P

RE: Comments Required. by CookieRevised on 05-28-2005 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Why not use something like tab to parse and to keep with the mirc idea that plus already has. I kinda doubt people use the tab key to move around the convo screen, I couldn't see the use of it :P
but some people might do, hence it is not a good solution though.

(and I'm certain that more people use it then you think; Those who use there keyboard AND mouse together (like you supposed to do) and thus making navigation a hell of a lot quicker)

EDIT: hmmmm... I never use the tab key in the msn messenger textbox though, but because of this post I just used it and behold I discovered a major bug in msn messenger 6.2 and handrwiting :P
RE: Comments Required. by SikStyles on 05-28-2005 at 08:01 PM

hmm its kinda hard to think what kind of features .. what are the limitations? like give us an example of what feature..hard to think cuz plus has the most common features :P

RE: Comments Required. by Millenium_edition on 05-28-2005 at 08:25 PM

why not add a tab next to the handwriting etc...
or add a button "messenger fusion" next to the packs etc. buttons.
or next to the colour & block buttons.

RE: Comments Required. by Stigmata on 05-28-2005 at 09:42 PM

well i have made it parse with the tab button :)

RE: Comments Required. by RaceProUK on 05-28-2005 at 10:01 PM

I think 60+ features is good to begin with: more than Phoenix 2 will have anyway.
As for the whole parsing issue: I assume you're already using Active Accessibility? If so, catch the Send button events, and in them, get the text from the input area. Or at least see if you can?

RE: Comments Required. by Stigmata on 05-28-2005 at 10:10 PM

i can get the text from the input area, the problem was catching the event because the text was removed from the box before i could parse it via subclassing...

if you have info on how to catch the send button event, please would you drop me a line and send me a pm?

oh and yes i am using aa

RE: Comments Required. by ddunk on 05-28-2005 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
but some people might do, hence it is not a good solution though.

(and I'm certain that more people use it then you think; Those who use there keyboard AND mouse together (like you supposed to do) and thus making navigation a hell of a lot quicker)

EDIT: hmmmm... I never use the tab key in the msn messenger textbox though, but because of this post I just used it and behold I discovered a major bug in msn messenger 6.2 and handrwiting :P

True :undecided:

Between a mouse click and a keystroke, I'd prefer a keystroke much more than a click, just is less hassle. Possibly something like F2 or something,  I dunno, some random key :p
RE: Comments Required. by RaceProUK on 05-29-2005 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
if you have info on how to catch the send button event, please would you drop me a line and send me a pm?
Have you looked at SetWinEventHook() and AccessibleObjectFromEvent()?
RE: Comments Required. by Stigmata on 05-29-2005 at 08:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Have you looked at SetWinEventHook() and AccessibleObjectFromEvent()?

yes i have, but i havn't been able to catch the click event.

only the history event
RE: Comments Required. by saralk on 05-29-2005 at 08:36 AM

could you proxy msn messenger so when they send the message, your plugin gets the message first, and if it is a command, it does its thing, if not, it passes the message on.

RE: Comments Required. by Stigmata on 05-29-2005 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
could you proxy msn messenger so when they send the message, your plugin gets the message first, and if it is a command, it does its thing, if not, it passes the message on.

a bitch in messenger 7..

and look at the problems messenger discovery had..

the only alternative to a proxy is winsock hooking..

and i dont have a cat in hells chance of figuring that out..