Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Disable Plus!'s notifications when running a full screen application - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Disable Plus!'s notifications when running a full screen application (/showthread.php?tid=45488)

[Suggestion] Disable Plus!'s notifications when running a full screen application by Weyzza on 05-29-2005 at 07:14 PM

I cannot find any thread about this.

If I am running a full screen program, and I set my status to Appear Offline, is there any way to disable Plus! notifications?
I already ticked off Plus!'s option so it doesn't show any popups whn busy, but I don't think it's related.

MSN Messenger doesn't show its popups.

RE: Plus! notifications by Millenium_edition on 05-29-2005 at 07:17 PM

doesn't MSN messenger change your status to busy when you run a fullscreen app?

RE: Plus! notifications by Weyzza on 05-29-2005 at 07:24 PM

It doesn't if I already set my status to Appear Offline.
And why does it want to change my status to Busy if I already set it to Appear Offline?

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
If I am running a full screen program, and I set my status to Appear Offline, is there any way to disable Plus! notifications?

RE: Plus! notifications by Millenium_edition on 05-29-2005 at 07:32 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=470441]
if you activate this, i guess it sets your status to busy only if you are online.
it still makes popups on a fullscreen program (in another state than busy of course), but you just don't see them becasue your fullscreen program overlaps them.

maybe you can just use the option in the preferences to temporarily disable them?

RE: Plus! notifications by Choli on 05-29-2005 at 07:52 PM

The wants to be in appear offline while the full screen app is running and that plus won't display notifications.

I think that there's no way of going that :P

RE: Plus! notifications by Weyzza on 05-29-2005 at 08:35 PM

Yeah, maybe this should be a suggestion thread:
Disable Plus!'s notifications when running a full screen application no matter what your current status is.

if that's possible