Shoutbox

No longer need validation code for Stuffplug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug (/showthread.php?tid=45504)

No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 09:58 AM

If you have installed the new stuffplug, you should of noticed that you no longer need a validation code. The validation item has also been taken away from the menu on the website, although, you can still access it by going to: http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=generate.

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by ~INVASION~ on 05-30-2005 at 10:04 AM

yep and theres also a chat room :D for stuffplug users

HERE

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by absorbation on 05-30-2005 at 10:20 AM

Heard about it ages ago on mess.be i think :P Good move (y)

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by Anubis on 05-30-2005 at 10:27 AM

Glad it's been removed. However I do wonder what TB's going to do to make sure people visit the official site to get it.

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Glad it's been removed. However I do wonder what TB's going to do to make sure people visit the official site to get it.

He probably has some type of trick up his sleeve so that you have to download it from there, I doubt he'll tell us though :p...
RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by absorbation on 05-30-2005 at 11:53 AM

I'm linking to the site when i host it so he could have a terms of use :P

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by CookieRevised on 05-30-2005 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Or maybe he realised that people are so damn lazy that _if_ they went to the site for the key generation, they didn't bother to click on anything else and/or read anything else (which was the whole purpose of the code IIRC)... Dunno if this is true or not, but I can perfectly imagine something like this.
RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by TheBlasphemer on 05-31-2005 at 05:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Or maybe he realised that people are so damn lazy that _if_ they went to the site for the key generation, they didn't bother to click on anything else and/or read anything else (which was the whole purpose of the code IIRC)... Dunno if this is true or not, but I can perfectly imagine something like this.

pfff, hell no!
Lost one third of my revenue because of removing the validation key :(
but I wanted to improve user-friendlynes, so people would install it more, and the validation key wasn't exactly helping that, so I took it out...
Hoping that it'd be better for stuffplug in the long run ;)
RE: RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by blackjack on 05-31-2005 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
pfff, hell no!
but I wanted to improve user-friendlynes, so people would install it more, and the validation key wasn't exactly helping that, so I took it out...

It is much better without the validation key :) and all the problems that happened with Latin america i think.. that we could not access the main page :( but well we can now and thank god for that :bow:. Well much better now like i said (y)
RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by John Anderton on 05-31-2005 at 05:35 AM

Phew ... no more validation ... and i used to read around the site :P
But yes that sn was irritating :P

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by Chestah on 05-31-2005 at 06:41 AM

Also it greatly solves the problem of forum users spamming the moderators of the forums with emails asking for validation keys and topics etc every day :P

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by uberdosis on 05-31-2005 at 09:22 AM

im glad, it was annoying.

RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by linx05 on 05-31-2005 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Also it greatly solves the problem of forum users spamming the moderators of the forums with emails asking for validation keys and topics etc every day :P
Here, here! When you start getting emails from people asking for validation codes, you know something has to be done. But I'm kinda sad that it has gone.
RE: No longer need validation code for Stuffplug by CookieRevised on 05-31-2005 at 10:00 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
pfff, hell no!
Oh yeah, didn't think of that...

quote:
hopefully (y)