Shoutbox

Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF (/showthread.php?tid=45513)

Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by banky on 05-30-2005 at 04:00 PM

Okay, I've just been informed that  Stephen was just allowed back to the forums. I'm realy pissed that he was. Why? Well, I've been informed that the bann was perm, he has created multiple accounts to bypass banns, and he is a major spammer. Okay, thats fine and dandy, but why in the hell is be being allowed back and Sean not? I mean, come on it's been 8 months, I know Sean and I know that he has changed. Just look at his progress on Neowin, Mess.be, and his own site.

Sean has never tried to bypass banns, and he has been the upmost nicest person dealing with banns. Unlike certain people bypassing the banns and making new accounts. I honestly think that if Stephen is going to be allowed back, that Sean should. Why? Because I know for a fact Sean just wants to prove to EVERYONE on this forum that he has changed, and after that he's told me that he would leave the community, but I doubt he would  because how long has he been trying to get back?

He forwarded a email he sent to WDZ, and WDZ wouldn't reply:

On 5/26/05, Sean Bradford <> wrote:
> Well, tis been about 8 months since I was banned, and I do see that in
> my reputation you said "Banned...hopefully forever". But I just want
> to ask you one thing. Yes, I do want to come back to the community.
> Why you're prolly thinking. Well, I'll tell you why. Just to prove to
> everyone in the community that people can change in good time.
> Everyone there STILL thinks I'm a spammer, but in reality if I did
> spam, and all my posts are spam you guys would have done removed them.
>
> I'm only asking now because I have time now to show people there that
> I have changed, and that I'm a better person now. Indeed, you're
> probably going to say no, but hell what do I have to lose asking?
> Nothing, my point. If you would, you can talk to the staff about
> POSSIBLY leting me return, and then proving my point to everyone that
> I have changed. Will I stay a active member there afterwards?
> Probabbly not since everyone hates me. I'll prolly just visit now and
> then. Tis up to you, and if you say know I do understand and won't get
> mad. I just am off for the summer, and I need somewere to post that is
> active besides Mess.be and my own site. Neowin just flames to many
> people.
>
> Email me back ASAP man,
>
> Sean.
>

This is so unfair to Sean because he has been okay with his bann up till now, and Stepehn is going to be allowed back even though he has bypassed his bann many times?

</rant>

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 04:01 PM

Amen to that tbfh.

It would be great to see Sean back here, he was a good member, and has changed so much in a positive way.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Stigmata on 05-30-2005 at 04:06 PM

sean has done amazing work over at mess.be, messengermad, neowin..

and is a big player now :) (some people may get the pun)

he should be allowed back.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Eljay on 05-30-2005 at 04:08 PM

i agree, sean should be allowed back

amen.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Tasha on 05-30-2005 at 04:09 PM

I think Sean should be allowed back. He is a great guy, and at least he didn't try to bypass bans, etc. :) it's Stephen that should be banned permenantely, tbfh.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Dane on 05-30-2005 at 04:10 PM

Hello,

Here are my views on the matter.  If Stephen is allowed back in, RebelSean should be allowed back in.  I've never been a huge fan of RebelSean due to his past spamming, I get along with him and like him all right though, His intentions are good most of the time...Stephen, on the otherhand, Come on, give me a break.

Dont unset Stephens ban without first unsetting RebelSeans Ban ;).  Thats my advice to you.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
t's Stephen that should be banned permenantely, tbfh.

He was, but he was allowed back around 1 month later because his "father" spoke to the Admins.

Stephen has had multiple users, begged for reputations, spammed constantly and gave the wrong help to people.

His users:
  • Stephen
  • Stephen2
  • Auxin
  • Kenny
  • Sam8
  • about 2 more that he won't tell me about :-/.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Stigmata on 05-30-2005 at 04:13 PM

quote:
and at least he didn't try to bypass bans, etc.

yes he did :rolleyes:

but i guess in a fun way..

not stephens way...(desperate)
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Dane on 05-30-2005 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

He was, but he was allowed back around 1 month later because his "father" spoke to the Admins.

O my god, I am laughing my ass off so hard right now at that.  He had to have his FATHER speak to the admins...or atleast had to attempt an impersonation, potentially.  That is SO funny.  Wow.

Anyway, at least RebelSean didnt attempt something as immature as having his father speak to the admins.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Yousef on 05-30-2005 at 04:21 PM

Well Sean got banned just after I joined the community, so I don't know him that well. From what I hear he seems to be a nice guy :)

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by jren207 on 05-30-2005 at 04:23 PM

Sean is a good guy who has done his best to help with all kinds of projects to do with Messenger and stuff like that. Sean deserves to be allowed to be part of our community again. He's learnt from his past. :)

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Weyzza on 05-30-2005 at 04:25 PM

quote:
and at least he didn't try to bypass bans, etc.
He once used a proxy to bypass the ban.
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
O my god, I am laughing my ass off so hard right now at that.  He had to have his FATHER speak to the admins...or atleast had to attempt an impersonation, potentially.  That is SO funny.  Wow.

Anyway, at least RebelSean didnt attempt something as immature as having his father speak to the admins.
Not his father, imo, but his "father"
I also agree with some people in the forums that he used his father's name. It is just lame.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Omar on 05-30-2005 at 04:25 PM

I do want Sean back, he's a good friend of mine...

if this stephen dude is back and sean isnt, well... its the admins call...fair or unfair as may look like... :-/

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Stigmata on 05-30-2005 at 04:29 PM

btw: Sean says thanks for all the compliments :)

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Concord Dawn on 05-30-2005 at 04:32 PM

The admins have the final say in this matter. In fact, bringing this up in the public forums is a bit of a bad decision. You should have PMed one of the admins. PMs are almost always more effective than a thread in my experience.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Millenium_edition on 05-30-2005 at 04:41 PM

to be honest, this is about stephen, not about sean. stephen should be perma banned. he posted 4 posts on his stephen2 account, three of them were spam.

and about sean - we'll see if he's changed, and YES he has bypassed the ban, but i don't think admins mind.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
PMs are almost always more effective than a thread in my experience.
you clearly don't have a lot of experience :-/
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by banky on 05-30-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
and about sean - we'll see if he's changed, and YES he has bypassed the ban, but i don't think admins mind.

Well we really can't see if he's changed unless his bann is lifted ...
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by saralk on 05-30-2005 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stephen2
Half of you people don't like me anyway, only traxor .

wouldnt that mean there are only 2 people on the forums?

I think Sean should rejoin, iirc they let DJMystic/The Blasphemer back.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Dane on 05-30-2005 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stephen2
k ;)
To be honest, all your posts PROVE your ban evasion and support this thread.  This is an effective way of proving our point and losing your arguments.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Anubis on 05-30-2005 at 05:47 PM

The decision of whether to allow Sean to come back to the forum ultimately resigns in the staff's decision, and pressuring the staff to ask him to be allowed back won't do anything.

Reasons for allowing Sean back;
1. He did try to help out in the community
2. He seems to have matured in the other forums
3. He would try his hardest when he got here

Reasons against allowing Sean back;
1. The spam
2. The way he used to cause flaming
3. The mass-spamming he did

Personally I'd like to give him one final chance, and forgive him for all the trouble he's caused, knowing that now he'd try and do his best when he was allowed back in.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by wj on 05-30-2005 at 05:53 PM

Well.... I dont know where this came from and I know I didnt talk to Stephens Daddy, But his BAN still stands, Now it's a little more firm in that We've banned his entire subnet (81.104.*.*)

Now, As for Sean, We've discussed this before, and nothings changed as far as I've seen.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 05:55 PM

I would definitely give him the final chance that he deservers, the dedication that he had towards the community was amazing, and he still is dedicated to Messenger Plus! 100%, regardless of the bad things that have happened to him before.

Stephen should not have been allowed back to the forum regardless of whether his "father" had spoke to the Administrators. I am saying "father" because I seriously doubt that it was in fact the father of Stephen Fleming at all, it was most likely Stephen Fleming attempting to immitate his father merely to get back on the forum, a desperate act in my opinion, I am 95% sure that "Kenny" was in fact Stephen.

Stephen shouldn't of been allowed back, it's just made him feel more special, he is constantly spamming, giving the wrong imformation, begging for reputations and trying his upmost to evade bans. This really isn't right, and against the rules, there have been many other cases like this, and in the end, they've just forgotten about it and left it, left the forum, maybe even apologised, Stephen hasn't apologised formally once, it's a shame really, he's been given so many chances, yet ruined each one.

Saying this, Me and Sean used to be the worst members on the forums, I'm positive that since last July, where I was given a 9 day ban, I have had a majorly positive change, constantly helping. When Sean was banned, he realised what he had done wrong, and tried his upmost to prove that he had changed, we have seen this change on many other forums, and even seen leadership skills and maturity changes on MessengerMad & Mess.be, we have never seen this change in Stephen...

It's immoral and unfair that Stephen should be allowed back, it's even unfair in a way that The Blasphemer was allowed back, but we've definitely seen a really good change in him, now he's turned into a good guy, and that's exactly what Sean has done, TB and Sean have stuff to show for it, what exactly does Stephen have to show?

</rant>

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Well.... I dont know where this came from and I know I didnt talk to Stephens Daddy, But his BAN still stands, Now it's a little more firm in that We've banned his entire subnet (81.104.*.*)

Now, As for Sean, We've discussed this before, and nothings changed as far as I've seen.

He told me and some other members via. MSN Messenger that he had both of his accounts unbanned, and that he was now allowed to post on the forum, if you remember, "Kenny" posted, claiming that he was the father of Stephen and begging for him to be unbanned. I'm trying to find one thing, but one thing I have found is proof that he hasn't changed :-/.:

[21:55:21] :: Stephen F: Luke... you have not gave me rep
[21:55:31] :: Stephen F: :0
[21:55:31] :: Stephen F: *:)
[21:55:42] :: Stephen F: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/reputation.php?uid=44374
[21:56:03] :: Stephen F: vote wisely mate ;0 please!!

I'm sure that another admin unbanned him :s...

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by wj on 05-30-2005 at 06:00 PM

Just to clarify, How ever this "RUMOR" that stephan had been "allowed" back started, It's BOGUS, All his Accounts are still banned and so are the IP's he most commonly used, Now it's upto the subnet he's on.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Just to clarify, How ever this "RUMOR" that stephan had been "allowed" back started, It's BOGUS, All his Accounts are still banned and so are the IP's he most commonly used, Now it's upto the subnet he's on.

Okay okay, just a major misunderstanding, but are you ever going to consider the whole "Sean" thing?
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Millenium_edition on 05-30-2005 at 06:03 PM

okay, why the fcuk still go on? wj decided now, your opinion isn't important any more :-/

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 06:04 PM

btw:

[19:02:43] :: Stephen F: heya Luke :)
[19:02:47] Luke - "Grow: hi.
[19:03:03] :: Stephen F: how are you doing
[19:03:43] :: Stephen F: ?
[19:03:51] Luke - "Grow: I'm good thanks.
[19:03:58] Luke - "Grow: Have you been on the messenger plus! forums
           recently
[19:04:13] :: Stephen F: yes
[19:04:34] :: Stephen F: teh diamic IP feature is fantastic banana

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by wj on 05-30-2005 at 06:08 PM

Yeah, His ISP has dynamic IPs, Well unless he uses a proxy to bypass the ban, We added about 65025 ips that cant access the forums.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by SikStyles on 05-30-2005 at 06:20 PM

being banned for 8 months its a pretty long time..i dont know him at all but after reading what has he done then i'd say take his unbanning action under consideration

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 06:21 PM

[19:19:23] :: Stephen F: :-O
[19:19:23] :: Stephen F: well, I am also lieing
[19:19:43] :: Stephen F: lol
[19:20:45] :: Stephen F: I can get on Messenger Plus! Forums ;)

and now he's just saying things like "*points at traxor and laughs* [lol]"

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Anubis on 05-30-2005 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
We added about 65025 ips that cant access the forums.
I don't think IP banning is the answer, if anyone really wants help they can't come for help, and most likely won't think to use a proxy. Also it's pointless. If Stephan wants to come here, it won't take him long to configure his browser to use a proxy. IP banning is really not a good idea.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Concord Dawn on 05-30-2005 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
Originally posted by wj
We added about 65025 ips that cant access the forums.
I don't think IP banning is the answer, if anyone really wants help they can't come for help, and most likely won't think to use a proxy. Also it's pointless. If Stephan wants to come here, it won't take him long to configure his browser to use a proxy. IP banning is really not a good idea.

It's just about the only way we can stop him.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Purity on 05-30-2005 at 07:02 PM

Sean should definitly be aloud back in, the work he's done with the mess.be forums is amazing, he's constantly at work there, he's always helping people, he's grown up quite a bit within the past 8 months, He's a dedicated member to the mess.be forums, and im sure he wouldn't be any different here. 

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Jhrono on 05-30-2005 at 07:05 PM

i never met sean :(...
anyway, i dont agree with stephens comeback :S

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Anubis on 05-30-2005 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
It's just about the only way we can stop him.
No it isn't, infact it doesn't stop anyone. It's extremely easy to tell your browser to use a proxy, and even if you don't know how, you can learn just by going on a website with proxy lists and clicking on the "how to" page. It won't stop him if he wanted to come here. Also the more range of IP bans you do, the more people that you risk blocking from being able to get easy help.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Tasha on 05-30-2005 at 07:24 PM

Uhh.. I have to say something about the mulitple IP's that have been banned; and that is, has an admin deliberately banned Squall_Leonhart, or is ti an accident? because its possible that you've banned him with the mass IP blockings that you've done.

And as Anubis said, the more IP's you ban, then the more people you risk blocking from joining and getting help.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Jhrono on 05-30-2005 at 07:24 PM

My solution?

- Unblock all stephen's ips and when he comes online, and posts, simply ignore him or prune his posts, he'll see he isnt wanted here, and so, he will leave..

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Tasha on 05-30-2005 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
My solution?

- Unblock all stephen's ips and when he comes online, and posts, simply ignore him or prune his posts, he'll see he isnt wanted here, and so, he will leave..

Yeah, but thats a lot of extra work. :undecided:
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by wj on 05-30-2005 at 07:27 PM

True, You do block legitimate users but when it's this disruptive to the forums, It has to be done.

"Locks keep honest people honest"

It's just something to make it more of an inconvience for them to make it onto the forums, The harder it is the less likly they are to return.

EDIT:

A. Just ignoring and pruning only works when there is an admin/mod on 24/7, In the case of this forum, there isnt always a mod online so that wont happen.

B. I checked for members who are in that IP range and it came out to a few and none that were active members (with-in the last year). I didnt see Squall's IP in there but I'll check just to make sure.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by Zephyr on 05-30-2005 at 07:30 PM

quote:

Uhh.. I have to say something about the mulitple IP's that have been banned; and that is, has an admin deliberately banned Squall_Leonhart, or is ti an accident? because its possible that you've banned him with the mass IP blockings that you've done.

Squall_Leonhart has his account blocked which is nothing to do with an IP block AFAIK. This will stop him using his account from any computer, not just from his IP.
RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by wj on 05-30-2005 at 07:31 PM

Squall_Leonhart was banned for differnt reasons.

Stephan is and has been for a while now PERMANTATLY BANNED.

It's sad to have to ban large IP ranges, But in some cases it has to be done.

RE: Stepehn Allowed Back? WTF by surfichris on 05-30-2005 at 10:23 PM

Just to clear some things up - the bans on Stephen's original accounts were timed bans, meaning they expired after a few months. Obviously we didn't expect him back here. NO admin unbanned him, NO admin spoke to his "father".

As for RebelSean being unbanned, that has got nothing to do with you.