Shoutbox

Uninstalling emoticons? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Uninstalling emoticons? (/showthread.php?tid=45552)

Uninstalling emoticons? by Charbo on 05-31-2005 at 08:14 AM

i need to know where msn stores emoticons, winks, and moods so i can uninstall some because i got a crap load from a friend and it would take forever to remove them manually =/

RE: Uninstalling emoticons? by Anubis on 05-31-2005 at 08:18 AM

They are all stored in
C:\Documents and Settings\<windowsusername>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\

Just remove the ones you want gone

RE: Uninstalling emoticons? by Charbo on 05-31-2005 at 08:19 AM

i didnt even think to look in the app data lol thanks alot:)

RE: Uninstalling emoticons? by CookieRevised on 05-31-2005 at 10:31 AM

But the correct way in removing them is to do it via MSN Messenger itself, not by simply deleting them from your HDD.

Just explore the preferences and menu's in MSN Messenger and hit the "delete"/"remove" buttons when selecting your emoticons,winks,whatever....

And this is posted in the wrong forum btw; it has got nothing to do with Messenger Plus!... This should have been in "MSN/Windows Windows".solved

RE: Uninstalling emoticons? by Charbo on 05-31-2005 at 10:33 AM

yes but do you wnat to have to select each and every emoticon, wink, and mood by hand 1 at a time and click delete for each and every one which in this case added up to over 1000? ;)

RE: Uninstalling emoticons? by CookieRevised on 05-31-2005 at 10:37 AM

Go to the appropiate dialog, select the first one in the list and press ALT-R (or whatever the shortcut might be for removing) and hold it down. Everything will be removed very quickly...

And double posting is also not allowed :P If you want to add something to your post, use the edit-button ;)solved

RE: Uninstalling emoticons? by Charbo on 05-31-2005 at 10:40 AM

well then i didnt know the shortcut lol it doesnt matter anyway i know that shortcut now but i also fixed my problem and im sure it dont matter which way i did it since i uninstalled msn before i did all this and reinstalled it when i was done but i really dont think it would have screwed anything up anyway but its fine now anyway:)