Shoutbox

problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... (/showthread.php?tid=45570)

problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... by qune on 05-31-2005 at 01:53 PM

whenever I enter a display name containing only numbers, it adds a plus (+) sign in front of the name in the contact list (others see it too)... although the convo window is okay...

I'm using msgplus' latest build, mess patch latest build and msn messenger 7 latest build... any ideas?..

thanks in advance...

RE: problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... by mwe99 on 05-31-2005 at 01:54 PM

The is the country code of the telephone number, such as +44 for the UK

RE: problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... by qune on 05-31-2005 at 03:21 PM

any chance disabling this?..

RE: problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... by RaceProUK on 05-31-2005 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
The is the country code of the telephone number, such as +44 for the UK
He's talking about display names, not the phone details thingy.
I've not seen this myself, but then I usually have '·$2' at the beginning of my display name.
RE: problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... by qune on 06-01-2005 at 06:10 AM

Here's the problem visually... can please someone help me to figure this out?.. it's getting really annoying since I can't use the color tags for the contactlist either...

thanks again...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=471950]

RE: problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... by CookieRevised on 06-01-2005 at 10:15 AM

Without investigating it yet, it sounds most likely a bug todo with the "new" ability to add a contact to your list by a phone number only.

Test it out on a clean unpatched MSN Messenger and without Plus! hooked into it. If it still persists, then it is a bug in MSN Messenger and should be reported to MS:
http://messenger.msn.com/help/contactus.aspx

RE: problem with contact list (messenger 7, latest build)... by qune on 06-01-2005 at 10:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Test it out on a clean unpatched MSN Messenger and without Plus! hooked into it.
the problem still remains...

qune reports...