Shoutbox

error when connecting to my site...... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: error when connecting to my site...... (/showthread.php?tid=45577)

error when connecting to my site...... by TheMusicPirate on 05-31-2005 at 03:52 PM

i keep getting an error when i try to go to my site using firefox.

i didn't chance anyfiles since yesterday.

this is the error message i get
[Image: 4c569442.png]

RE: error when connecting to my site...... by Nathan on 05-31-2005 at 04:48 PM

Are You on a free host?

RE: RE: error when connecting to my site...... by TheMusicPirate on 05-31-2005 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
Are You on a free host?

i have it running right from my computer
RE: error when connecting to my site...... by user13774 on 05-31-2005 at 05:39 PM

Picture not showing..

RE: error when connecting to my site...... by Zephyr on 05-31-2005 at 05:42 PM

He meant to show this picture

In Firefox, i'm getting an error saying 'The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.themusicpirate.bounceme.net/, but IE also says The page cannot be displayed.

RE: RE: error when connecting to my site...... by TheMusicPirate on 05-31-2005 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
He meant to show this picture

In Firefox, i'm getting an error saying 'The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.themusicpirate.bounceme.net/, but IE also says The page cannot be displayed.

everything seems ok, on my side, easyphp is running, all my php pages are in the right folder.
RE: error when connecting to my site...... by Millenium_edition on 05-31-2005 at 05:53 PM

that's probably because you have a dynamic IP and you need to update no-ip's server with your new IP address, which is done with a tool that is downloadable from their site

RE: RE: error when connecting to my site...... by TheMusicPirate on 05-31-2005 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
that's probably because you have a dynamic IP and you need to update no-ip's server with your new IP address, which is done with a tool that is downloadable from their site

i downloaded the program, and ran it, and it still doesn't work
RE: error when connecting to my site...... by Striker on 05-31-2005 at 07:04 PM

have the windows firewall running?
or just have a normal firewall running?
does your domain name resolve to your ip address?
also, if your on a router, is port 80 forwarded to your comp?

and does http://localhost work? (meaning is you webserver running)

and one last thing.. does your ISP even allow inbound connections on port 80.. i know my previous ISP blocked a lot of ports.. including port 80..

RE: RE: error when connecting to my site...... by TheMusicPirate on 05-31-2005 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Striker
have the windows firewall running?
or just have a normal firewall running?
does your domain name resolve to your ip address?
also, if your on a router, is port 80 forwarded to your comp?

and does http://localhost work? (meaning is you webserver running)

and one last thing.. does your ISP even allow inbound connections on port 80.. i know my previous ISP blocked a lot of ports.. including port 80..

http://localhost works

i checked my router settings and it has port 80 enabled.
i have a firewall (Mcafee personal firewall) i have that configured to have port 80 open.

EDIT: how can i fully uninstall apache & mysql and easyphp?

i'll try to reinstall all of it.

EDIT: how can i have my site rediract automatically, when my computer is turned off? i want it to redirectto either a free host or to my paretns computer.
RE: error when connecting to my site...... by Chris.1 on 05-31-2005 at 10:24 PM

TMP - You, personally, won't be able to access the website using that web address since you are behind a NAT router.

What is your EXTERNAL IP address (ie, not start with 192.168. or 10.)?

quote:
EDIT: how can i have my site rediract automatically, when my computer is turned off? i want it to redirectto either a free host or to my paretns computer.
Easy answer. No you cant.
RE: error when connecting to my site...... by uberdosis on 05-31-2005 at 10:25 PM

Just leave your pc on:P
hahah @ using your parents pc.

RE: RE: error when connecting to my site...... by TheMusicPirate on 06-01-2005 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris.
TMP - You, personally, won't be able to access the website using that web address since you are behind a NAT router.

What is your EXTERNAL IP address (ie, not start with 192.168. or 10.)?

what do you mean?

RE: error when connecting to my site...... by dylan! on 06-01-2005 at 03:10 AM

i tried ur site and its the same as u said?:P...lol... iunno if it helps or not but w.e:D

RE: error when connecting to my site...... by Striker on 06-01-2005 at 06:44 PM

alright.. assuming that domain resolves to your ip address..
i scanned it, and port 80 isn't open.. so that means 4 things:

1) you didn't fwd the port properly on your router
2) your firewall isn't configured properly and is blocking it (please make sure the windows firewall is off)
3) your ISP blocks port 80, in that case.. i'd suggest using another port.. try 8000.. i'd say another port, but its in use.. so i'd pm you that if you like
4) your compuer is currently offline