Shoutbox

Problems with adding my home-made Messenger Plus plugin (made from the sample on this site) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Problems with adding my home-made Messenger Plus plugin (made from the sample on this site) (/showthread.php?tid=45581)

Problems with adding my home-made Messenger Plus plugin (made from the sample on this site) by henrik30000 on 05-31-2005 at 05:51 PM

Iīve written the file install.reg with the following content

code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins]
"VB Sample Plugin"="MPPluginVB.dll"

itīs just like the sample plugin (plus a change, the .dll extension, it wouldnīt work at all otherwise), by the way the original sample didnīt work either, it does appear in the plugin list in the options, but itīs just called by "Not active: " plus itīs filename (MPPluginVB), and non of the functions that I think should be there (from looking in the code) worked... Does anyone know what could be wrong?

btw, I compiled it as an activeX dll, there was no other dll to choose, perhaps I should have compiled it as something else?
RE: Problems with adding my home-made Messenger Plus plugin (made from the sample on this site) by Millenium_edition on 05-31-2005 at 05:56 PM

you were right to compile it as an activeX dll, but the registry entry consists of this syntax (for vb plugins only!):

code:
projectname.classname
so if your project's name is "mylollorzplugin", and the class is "mppluginclass", then this should be the registry entry:
code:
mylollorzplugin.mppluginclass

RE: Problems with adding my home-made Messenger Plus plugin (made from the sample on this site) by RaceProUK on 05-31-2005 at 06:23 PM

You did read the documentation, didn't you henrik?

RE: Problems with adding my home-made Messenger Plus plugin (made from the sample on this site) by henrik30000 on 05-31-2005 at 06:46 PM

Yea I think I read it... not much information there, or perhaps it was just something else.. :P

Thanks for the registry entry help Millenium_edition (Y)

RE: Problems with adding my home-made Messenger Plus plugin (made from the sample on this site) by RaceProUK on 05-31-2005 at 07:55 PM

VB plugin install info is in there somewhere, in a Readme or something.
Or maybe Developers.txt in the Plugins folder.