Shoutbox

msn crashes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn crashes (/showthread.php?tid=45593)

msn crashes by suezo on 05-31-2005 at 08:38 PM

I've been using windows messenger for a while as MSN would just constantly crash for no reason, and it did this out of no where.

Well today I tried to fix it and found out i can use an old bet version like 332 (i think) but it forces me to upgrade and once i do MSN will no longer work with msgplus installed, each time it's installed MSN will just crash whenever it loads.

Any help would be welcomed.

RE: msn crashes by RaceProUK on 05-31-2005 at 09:29 PM

Have you got the latest version of both?
MSN Messenger 7.0.0813
Messenger Plus! 3.54.132

RE: msn crashes by suezo on 06-01-2005 at 12:10 AM

yes, i just wish i could use the an older beta version of msn, btw everything worked fine with msn 777 and the previous version of msgplus, iono which one i upgraded to make it not work, but now with the latest version of both it doesnt work.

RE: msn crashes by RaceProUK on 06-01-2005 at 10:12 AM

Do you get any errors when it crashes?

RE: msn crashes by suezo on 06-01-2005 at 10:58 PM

no errors at all, in fact msn doesnt pop up, the icon in the taskbar is there for maybe 5 seconds but once i move my mouse over it, it disapears.

RE: msn crashes by RaceProUK on 06-01-2005 at 11:23 PM

What plugins are you using? If you're using any, there's a utility on this forum that can disable them without having to run Messenger.

RE: msn crashes by suezo on 06-02-2005 at 04:00 AM

no plugins, i just have regular msgplus and msn 7 nothing else.

RE: msn crashes by jokerhoss on 06-12-2005 at 10:40 AM

I have the same problem too. I tried uninstalling msg plus but it still didn't work. I also tried to reinstall msn messenger and still nothing happened. The window doesn't even pop-up :S .

I got this problem when i used some anti-spyware/adware porgrams like mcafee and yahoo to get rid of all the spyware/adware on my pc. I also know that it isn't from the sponser program cuz i reinstalled it and then uninstalled it properly just to make sure. I dont think i even installed it with msg plus in the first place.

What I've done (for now) is use windows messenger for now since it works perfectly. I prefer msn messenger though so i really wanna get it working again.

RE: msn crashes by Eljay on 06-12-2005 at 10:56 AM

this happened to me when i used messenger discovery so just uninstalling that fixed it for me, but if you dont have that installed i have no idea sorry

RE: msn crashes by suezo on 06-12-2005 at 01:58 PM

I finally got my msn working minus msg plus, i had to  uninstall both, restart my computer, install msn and then restart again, and then msn worked, for some reason msn will still just crash for no reason and not boot back up till i restart still but at least it works most of the time...

for a while IE was doing the same thing then it just stoped for no reason... I really wish i could use msg plus though T_T

RE: msn crashes by kierant on 06-12-2005 at 03:58 PM

I don't know if you have many winks, custom emoticons (especially animated ones) or dynamic display pictures etc. but if you do try uninstalling them all and see if that helps.

My MSN acted quite similar to yours quite recently and realised it was down to the extreme number of these that I had installed. Having uninstalled them I have had no problems at all. (Y)

RE: msn crashes by jokerhoss on 06-12-2005 at 04:11 PM

I tried what you just wrote above but it didn't work. It still doesn't work. If anybody knows how to fix this please help.