Shoutbox

Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=45627)

Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 11:45 AM

Help!!!
I've got to hard drives. One is 4gb and the other 210gb. The 210 gb is my master and the 4gb is slave. But everything gets put on that. And now i have loads of space on the big one but none on the little one!
So i need to format. But i dont no how to. well i do but it goes wrong. Thats why im asking you :)
i dont have a floppy disc drive so i cant do wot was on a different thread Here so how could i do it?
Plz help

EDIT Now got a picture
[Image: attachment.php?pid=472106]

RE: Formatting Xp by Reaper on 06-01-2005 at 11:52 AM

i only way i no how to format without a os cd is to rite click the drive u want to format and click format

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 12:04 PM

I do have the os cd though!!!

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by -Bogan- on 06-01-2005 at 12:08 PM

change your comp. boot sequence to boot from cd then when it loads XP comes up with diffrent options to install. You choose the format hrd drive then install.

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Reaper on 06-01-2005 at 12:08 PM

ahh. then thats different. if u boot from ur os cd (presuming its windows), u can format the drive(partition) hopefully wen its done that DONT choose to install the os otherwise ull have to a version of windows on 2 hdds :|

if u put the os cd in ur drive, then restart ur pc, boot from the cd and choose to install windows, choose the 4gb drvie. it will then ask u to format. format it but quit the setup as soon as it has finished. the cd shud allow u to confirm after the formatting and before the installation of windows

RE: Formatting Xp by RaceProUK on 06-01-2005 at 12:16 PM

You get the feeling that's what he's doing?

@mpf: Which drive have you got Windows on?

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 01:17 PM

The problem is that i have them on both
To : Bogan ...
wot do u mean  by boot sequence could you run me through Plz???

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Anubis on 06-01-2005 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
The problem is that i have them on both
You have Windows installed on both?
In that case which hard drive has the version of Windows you always use on?
Is C:\ the 4gb one or the 210gb one?
RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 04:03 PM

Thats the problem i dont know. But i suspect its C:\ Lets say its C:\ then wot do i do?

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by YottabyteWizard on 06-01-2005 at 05:24 PM

You should change the boot sequence in the BIOS to the other HDD, load up windows and format the disc.

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 06:30 PM

How do i do that? as in the BIOS bit Could someone run me through all it plz

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Veggie on 06-01-2005 at 06:32 PM

i really suggest you get someone who knows what there doing to come to yuour house and do

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 06:34 PM

But theres know one. I'm probaly bieng spoilt but i dont really mind if it brakes my pc cos im getting a new one soon!
All id like is HELP

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by matty on 06-01-2005 at 06:42 PM

Open My Computer
Right Click on SKINNY(C:) and click Properties
What is the Capacity in GB?

If it is the 4GB drive then you wont be able to format it in windows.

Matty's reply to URGENT: Computer messed.....

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 06:44 PM

OK I have formated skinny, But now i want to format F:\ Which is 110gb!
P.S when i deleted skinny its left a user account but when i click on it it says a error!!!
Oh and my 110gb is a NTFS File

RE: Formatting Xp Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nathan on 06-01-2005 at 06:49 PM

I read your Document But my Floppy drive;s Bust for some reason! any other way you can do it
Oh **** I've double posted