Shoutbox

Custom emotions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Custom emotions (/showthread.php?tid=45658)

Custom emotions by yeanzhi on 06-02-2005 at 01:35 AM

When my messenger reconnected the custom emotions will not working, then I will reconnect it again and it work. But today after I reconnect it, all custom emotions are gone there are empty I don't know what happen. Can someone help me? Beside can you teach me how to use the panel 1,2,3,4 and 5 I have no idea about it thank you. And how to get back the emotions??..:(

RE: Custom emotions by SikStyles on 06-02-2005 at 02:16 AM

did u download the emoticons from the internet?

cuz u might wanna see if the emoticon pack is still there..cuz maybe it was relocated somehow and then it doesnt have anywhere to load from

RE: Custom emotions by yeanzhi on 06-02-2005 at 02:26 AM

Some are from MsnContent installer, some are from friends which are animated when they type it on the instant message I only can add them but I don't where the icons located.

RE: Custom emotions by SikStyles on 06-02-2005 at 02:45 AM

Ok go to Tools>options>messages and make sure that 'Show Emoticons' or 'Show Custom Emoticons' are ticked

RE: Custom emotions by yeanzhi on 06-02-2005 at 06:02 PM

"Show emotions" was ticked. The problem happen again. I add the emotion from my friend and after messenger reconnected the emotions I added are gone. Do you have any idea? This happen after I update the msg plus. :(

RE: Custom emotions by Sunshine on 06-02-2005 at 10:03 PM

I think one (or more) of the emotes was (were) corrupt (this happens alot when you add emoticonpacks), causing all of them to dissapear from the panel and making it impossible to add new ones. Only one way to solve this and thats to really delete all of them.

You do this as follows:
- exit MSNM
- go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
- choose the folder corresponding to ur email adress (find out the number at: http://m00.cx/misc/msgrid.php)
- delete the "CustomEmoticons" folder in it
- restart MSN

quote:
Originally posted by yeanzhi
Beside can you teach me how to use the panel 1,2,3,4 and 5 I have no idea about it thank you.
How do I add my own emoticons to the Quick Icons panel?
RE: Custom emotions by yeanzhi on 06-03-2005 at 09:03 PM

Thanks a lot, I found my emotions in CustomsEmotions' folder. But they are not in the icon panel when the messenger restart. I have follow the way you teach me but it still the same. Anyway, thanks again.