Shoutbox

has someone made custom contacts avatars? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: has someone made custom contacts avatars? (/showthread.php?tid=45686)

has someone made custom contacts avatars? by bungleMX on 06-02-2005 at 03:31 PM

has someone made personalised contact avatars? I mean the posibility to change the avatar of my contact for one pic of my own choice..

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by absorbation on 06-02-2005 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
has someone made personalised contact avatars? I mean the posibility to change the avatar of my contact for one pic of my own choice..

No this has not been made :( and i doubt will be done :P
RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by bungleMX on 06-07-2005 at 11:26 PM

why don't?... It could be very usefull, from just for fun till prevent annoying pictures.

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by Abz2k4 on 06-07-2005 at 11:33 PM

But what would be the point of changing their Avatars? if you don't like their pic couldn't you just ask them to change it?

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by bungleMX on 06-07-2005 at 11:39 PM

But I thing Dynamic content is very diferrent that just a pic,.. isn't it?

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by mwe99 on 06-07-2005 at 11:42 PM

you could use the little hide button and hide it from your view if it becomes obsense/annoying

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by bungleMX on 06-08-2005 at 12:02 AM

that's why I said for FUN too, like a caller ID picture. was just an Idea anyway..

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by Lou on 06-08-2005 at 12:23 AM

well I agree...we should ahve that./ Reason: I have a stuborn contact that wont change her picture and what it is is two guyz frenching. and she stops talking for a while then when I closed the convo starts talking again, therefore I see the damn picture again and it bothers me:@

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by XM4ST3RX on 06-09-2005 at 01:08 AM

Hi,

I dunno if Patchou will consider something like this as to alot of people it will have no use.

But i kinda like the idea, as display pictures are a way to express a user via an image... or as first set out, to identify the user... which if you have an image of the user or maybe if you create certain images for that user.. then you could set each individual user your own choice of display picture.

However, maybe that may take peoples pride out of creating display pictures not knowing if theirs is going to be seen by his/her contact.

It's a bit of a toughy this one i think :P, but nice idea (Y).

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by Fredzz on 06-11-2005 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX

However, maybe that may take peoples pride out of creating display pictures not knowing if theirs is going to be seen by his/her contact.

It's a bit of a toughy this one i think :P, but nice idea (Y).

XM4ST3RX

Thats true, but if that option is out of question, at least Msn or Plus could remember when we hide their display picture. And keep it hidden. because if we hide a contact avatar , and they or us reopen the convo window, it will show up. Why not keep it hidden until we display it again, or even when they change it to a new one.
RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by King For A Day on 06-11-2005 at 01:53 PM

its kinda like having a custom name not usfull but kinda fun maybe

RE: has someone made custom contacts avatars? by bungleMX on 06-14-2005 at 04:17 PM

custom names are very good, since everyone change their name to anything that has nothing to do with them, and many of the mails too.
I use custom name for every one on my list, and I use pictures of my friends in my mobile phone, so it could be kind of fun having that in msn isn't ?