Shoutbox

MSN 7.0 help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN 7.0 help (/showthread.php?tid=45688)

MSN 7.0 help by Mattio on 06-02-2005 at 04:41 PM

Ive installed msn 7 and just went to log in but whejn I log in all it shows is what im listening to now and not user names also I cant start converstions and people cant start them with me help please, thanks for any advice!

RE: MSN 7.0 help by absorbation on 06-02-2005 at 08:34 PM

This is a common bug, do you have messenger plus! ? There is a bug fix for this and i find clicking a tab then clicking back helps :P

RE: RE: MSN 7.0 help by Mattio on 06-03-2005 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
This is a common bug, do you have messenger plus! ? There is a bug fix for this and i find clicking a tab then clicking back helps :P

Whats do u mean click back i cant see a back and what do u mean by tab, someones name?
RE: MSN 7.0 help by Zephyr on 06-03-2005 at 05:33 PM

This could be a bug with the nadwriting plugin for plus!

Close all instances of MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger you're running completely.
Delete the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus! Plugins directory. (default directory is: c:\program files\messenger plus!3\plugins)
Go to add/remove programs in the software tab in your configuration settings. Look for "Ink Redistributables" or "InfoPen", click it and uninstall it.
Restart your computer, to make sure everything is completly removed
Also see andrey's reply to Contacts! disappear

RE: RE: MSN 7.0 help by Mattio on 06-03-2005 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
This could be a bug with the nadwriting plugin for plus!

Close all instances of MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger you're running completely.
Delete the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus! Plugins directory. (default directory is: c:\program files\messenger plus!3\plugins)

Go to add/remove programs in the software tab in your configuration settings. Look for "Ink Redistributables" or "InfoPen", click it and uninstall it.
Restart your computer, to make sure everything is completly removed
Also see andrey's reply to Contacts! disappear

Its not there it doesnt work when I have it uninstalled either
RE: MSN 7.0 help by Zephyr on 06-03-2005 at 05:44 PM

Mattio, do you have messenger plus!?

Could you see if it only happens with messenger plus! running or whether it also happens when messenger plus! is not running.

RE: RE: MSN 7.0 help by Mattio on 06-03-2005 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Mattio, do you have messenger plus!?

Could you see if it only happens with messenger plus! running or whether it also happens when messenger plus! is not running.

I have msn messenger plus the latest one but it happens whether its installed or not
RE: MSN 7.0 help by Zephyr on 06-03-2005 at 05:56 PM

I know you've only just installed it, but i would recommend a clean install then check if it is still happening.

-Go to control panel, then add/remove programs, then go to MSN Messenger and click remove.
-Then reboot your computer
-Next, Remove the MSN Messenger folder in Program Files and in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger. ( Note: this will remove all custom emoticons etc. To backup these files you can use url=http://www.sherv.net/article78.html]CE/DP Backup Wizard[/url]

Then download MSN from http://messenger.msn.com and install it.

Then try installing the skin.

RE: MSN 7.0 help by Mattio on 06-03-2005 at 06:00 PM

Ok I'll do it tommorow ill just stick with 6.2 for the moment its nice and easy