Shoutbox

Two MSN7 Questions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Two MSN7 Questions (/showthread.php?tid=45716)

Two MSN7 Questions by Achilles on 06-03-2005 at 05:41 AM

I am currently using MSN7 on Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 Installed.  My questions are two-fold...

1) When you go to login there is a dropdown menu full of people who have logged into MSN from your computer.  How can you erase them all so you do not have to have them all there on that list.  Once in a while, like once or twice a year the list will completely erase.

2) Is there an MSN mod that allows you to have your MSN name on thing so only certain people can see it, while others will see your MSN name as something else?

Thank you in advanced.

RE: Two MSN7 Questions by Caboose on 06-03-2005 at 05:44 AM

1) Open the Control Panel & go to User Accounts. Choose your account, then at the top left, under Related Tasks, click Manage my network passwords. Choose the ones you want to delete and click Remove.

2) As far as I know, there's no way to do this. The closest thing is the chat-only name which is a feature in StuffPlug.

RE: Two MSN7 Questions by CookieRevised on 06-03-2005 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
1) Open the Control Panel & go to User Accounts. Choose your account, then at the top left, under Related Tasks, click Manage my network passwords. Choose the ones you want to delete and click Remove.
this will not work on all Windows XP systems... please see "CookieRevised's reply to deleting accounts doesn't work".