Shoutbox

SIN CITY: the movie... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: SIN CITY: the movie... (/showthread.php?tid=45719)

SIN CITY: the movie... by qune on 06-03-2005 at 07:11 AM

opinions, likes, dislikes, emotions?..

sin city's the first excellent movie based on a comicbook (in the side of spiderman, batman and so on, but the compairsion is no good since the style is so different)... the movie actually takes you in the middle of the events... music, environment, visuals - everything's superb...

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by user27089 on 06-03-2005 at 08:19 AM

I've actually seen many glimpses of this movie, and it looks superb, I like the style of it.

I've never read the Sin City comic though, so I won't really know, but then again, I never read Hellboy either, and that film was still amazing.

I like the style of Sin City, it's sort of like a dark 50's movie.

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by kao on 06-03-2005 at 09:51 AM

Its fucking great, i loved it, but my m8 didnt like it. I like the way its filmed as 3 different stories which are slightly related going through one at a time.

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by King For A Day on 06-03-2005 at 12:43 PM

could do with a never heard of or seen option

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by kao on 06-03-2005 at 12:54 PM

don't bother replying if you havn't heard of it *sigh*

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by Maniac on 06-03-2005 at 04:13 PM

I labelled this as my favorite movie of all times (y)

I read the comics though and they are MUCH better... so i'm not sure if i should credit the movie or the comics... i guess both :p

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by King For A Day on 06-03-2005 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
don't bother replying if you havn't heard of it *sigh*

i was hoping to find out about it but i had to vote to say i hadnt seen it
RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 05:26 PM

I saw the ad on the tv and it seems to be really good :) My pals said that it looks really good too :cheesy:

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by Hybrid on 06-05-2005 at 11:21 PM

I never seen the movie, but I think its a stupid idea. Now don't take my opinion too seriously but I think its just movie trash basicly. Almost everything has some form of weapon (I was told) and I heard theres a pedafile in the movie? nah I would skip this movie. But thats just my opinion :-#

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by mwe99 on 06-05-2005 at 11:26 PM

never even heard of it and i have no idea what its about :S

RE: SIN CITY: the movie... by user27089 on 06-05-2005 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid
I never seen the movie, but I think its a stupid idea. Now don't take my opinion too seriously but I think its just movie trash basicly. Almost everything has some form of weapon (I was told) and I heard theres a pedafile in the movie? nah I would skip this movie. But thats just my opinion :-#

Why is it a stupid idea, it will be a great movie, it's a new era of directing, it's going to be amazing. It's an action movie, it will have weaponry on it, it's based on a comic, so it must follow the comic. If there is a paedophile in it, then so what, I doubt it's endorsing paedophilia, that would just be completely ludacris, there are paedophiles in many movies, lost in space? I respect your opinion though.

Has anybody seen The Punisher, if not, then watch it... now, go on!