Shoutbox

HELP:Game Setup problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: HELP:Game Setup problem (/showthread.php?tid=45742)

HELP:Game Setup problem by Rubber Stamp on 06-03-2005 at 05:23 PM

"setup requires _setup.dll and _isres.dll files which are present in setup.lib. please ensure that they are located in the directory of the setup."
i get this damned error when i try to install a game, Star Wars:Racer.
can anyone please tell me wat this is about, and how can i correct this?

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by YottabyteWizard on 06-03-2005 at 05:25 PM

Original CD? those files it's supposed to come in the root dir of the CD, or wherever it has the setup files.

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by Rubber Stamp on 06-03-2005 at 05:53 PM

yeah, orignal cd, fully sealed....

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 07:14 PM

Then i guess u have to goto the shop and complain about this to the company :-/
Ask for a replacement :)

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by Chris4 on 06-03-2005 at 07:14 PM

Have you check  that your computer passes the minimum requirements?

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
Have you check  that your computer passes the minimum requirements?
:S Irrespective of that the game should install ... it would give an error after intallation during play.
Plus if requirements r less it wouldnt say ... "Xyz file is missing" like Freaky Guy said ...
quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy's Game Error Report

"setup requires _setup.dll and _isres.dll files which are present in setup.lib. please ensure that they are located in the directory of the setup."

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by Tasha on 06-03-2005 at 09:21 PM

If the computer didn't meet the system requirements, it wouldn't say that those files are missing. It would probably still set up, but not run properly.

It is possible that you have been sold an illegitimate copy. Which is odd, because if those files are missing, surely it shouldn't have even gotten out of the factory to a store. :s

All I can say, is take it back to the store you bought it from, with the receipt, and tell the people there the exact problem, and they will probably test it themselves, and if it doesn't work, or something, then they will, obviously, give you a refund. If they refuse to do that, however, or it works on their PC, then send it back to the manufacturers.

:)

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by Rubber Stamp on 06-04-2005 at 08:01 AM

i took the game to the store and the guy ran the game on the shop computer and it was working out fine, but its not installing on my comp, so there must be a prob wid my computer?

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by John Anderton on 06-04-2005 at 08:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
i took the game to the store and the guy ran the game on the shop computer and it was working out fine, but its not installing on my comp, so there must be a prob wid my computer?
WTF :| .... how old is ur CD rom drive and does it run properly ..... cause sometimes old CD rom's give such probs :-/
RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by Eljay on 06-04-2005 at 08:12 AM

hmm well ive had installation problems before due to a dodgy cd rom drive not autorunning properly, try disabling/cancelling autorun and open the cd from my computer and run setup.exe manually (if its called setup.exe)

RE: HELP:Game Setup problem by John Anderton on 06-04-2005 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
hmm well ive had installation problems before due to a dodgy cd rom drive not autorunning properly, try disabling/cancelling autorun and open the cd from my computer and run setup.exe manually (if its called setup.exe)
I have seen this on ppl's pc's .... cd is intalling properly on my pc but not on someone else's pc. A pal wanter to play fifa 03 so he took my disc and he couldnt install it ... i tried it at my place and i could.
I think it aint so much of the autoinstall as the cd rom not being able to read the cd.
Try cleaning the cd rom lens with one of those lens cleaning cd's. Sometimes they help :)