Shoutbox

Gfx card for 99 cents :| - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gfx card for 99 cents :| (/showthread.php?tid=45744)

Gfx card for 99 cents :| by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 05:56 PM

Ok this was what is on EBay. Thx Sik Styles for the tip ;)

Gfx card sale

Its a 256MB ATi RADEON 9250 3D GRAPHIC CARD - 8X AGP VGA DVI for AU$0.99 as the starting bid.
Thats pretty cheap :|
I haevnt shopped via ebay thats why the thread .... mabbe it'd be of use to someone here .... the seller seems to be quite reputed :)

There is also a ATI 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X 8MB, Video Graphics Card LOT 3 for sale if anyone is interested but it sayz

quote:
Shipping costs:     US $9.99 -  Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service (within United States)
So watch out :)
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by Maniac on 06-03-2005 at 06:43 PM

Blade has the highest bid now... the guy probably made a mistake or something :| ...

* Maniac wishes he could go on ebay

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 06:45 PM

See blade .... wasnt it nice that i told u .... not even any thx or a post in the thread :-/
:cry:

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by SikStyles on 06-03-2005 at 07:16 PM

but there are other graphic cards like that too and is blade gonna buy it?

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
but there are other graphic cards like that
Blade aint gonna buy them all :P this one was a 256 mb ati one .... he is getting it for 5.5 AUD thats abotu 4.15 USD .... thats damn cheap :| I would have got it but my f***in mobo doesnt have an agp slot :dodgy:
* John Anderton kills his mobo :dodgy:
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by SikStyles on 06-03-2005 at 07:25 PM

so he is ogin to buy it, but but i wanted it :( :P

well i cud care less now..or i cud outbid blade ^o)

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 07:35 PM

quote:
well i cud care less now..or i cud outbid blade

U out bid him and he is gonna out bid u cause i think blade has him mind set on it ...
[modifiedoldfriendsjoke]and u know him ... once he has his mind set on it more often than not he plays games with it[/modifiedoldfriendsjoke]
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by SikStyles on 06-03-2005 at 07:37 PM

damn..well blade u can have it :D

but the location of the gfx card is australia..gonna take a while till it gets to blade :S

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by John Anderton on 06-03-2005 at 07:53 PM

quote:
gonna take a while till it gets to blade
I think anyone who is getting it for such a low value wouldnt mind the wait ... i know i wouldnt .....
What would be the shipping charges newayz ??
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by SikStyles on 06-03-2005 at 07:54 PM

they are prolly like 10 bucks or sometin like that

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by M73A on 06-03-2005 at 09:12 PM

if u watch the ones with low starting bids get put on peoples watch lists then they get bid on more and go hirgher than the others normally anyway...

especially with laptops..

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by Tasha on 06-03-2005 at 09:16 PM

Yeah. Thats pretty cheap right now, but watch out as it nears the last couple of days. I expect it will shoot up really fast. People normally wait until the last hour or so and stuff, so that they have much more of a chance of actually getting the item.

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by lopardo on 06-03-2005 at 09:19 PM

Too bad it's AGP 8X, I need an old AGP 2X one with working tv-out... :-/

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by Maniac on 06-03-2005 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Yeah. Thats pretty cheap right now, but watch out as it nears the last couple of days. I expect it will shoot up really fast. People normally wait until the last hour or so and stuff, so that they have much more of a chance of actually getting the item.

yeah by waiting til the end no one is bidding and the person with the highest bid (blade) is happy but right before the bid is over someone will bid a tiny bit more then poof no more bidding and blade gets :refuck:ed :p
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by rav0 on 06-04-2005 at 01:14 AM

Bid is up to $20.50 now plus $14.90 shipping.

Total cost $35.40 and still 100 hours left. Price will most definately go up to at least two-thirds of retail. Lots of things at ebay start at 99c and can go up into thousands of dollars.

Is it just me or do the bids from codex_it look just a bit dodgy?

code:
User ID         Bid Amount     Date of bid

gigablade77_2   AU $20.50      Jun-03-05 10:58:41 PDT
codex_it        AU $20.00      Jun-03-05 16:50:30 PDT
codex_it        AU $10.00      Jun-03-05 16:50:16 PDT
codex_it        AU $05.00      Jun-02-05 20:03:22 PDT

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by CookieRevised on 06-04-2005 at 02:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Total cost $35.40 and still 100 hours left. Price will most definately go up to at least two-thirds of retail.
Look at the other (same) radeon cards he sells. The prices currently go up to $88.50 (AU)
quote:
Lots of things at ebay start at 99c
indeed
quote:
why? because he raised with $5 and then with $10? Nothing wierd with that....
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by surfichris on 06-04-2005 at 03:36 AM

Jus to annoy blade..

quote:
High bidder:     surfichris ( 7 )

(A)

Oh and as was said, alot of things start at that price because it is a way to attract attention to the auctions - and you will notice it has 5 days left, lots of opportunity for bidding.
RE: RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by rav0 on 06-04-2005 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

I think so, because there were no bids between his, and the last two, when he outbid himself by $10, were 14 seconds apart.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Jus to annoy blade..
quote:
High bidder:     surfichris ( 7 )

It would be funny if you ended up having to buy it :P.
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by surfichris on 06-04-2005 at 03:52 AM

quote:
It would be funny if you ended up having to buy it .
For that price, I would - no questions asked ;P
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by Chestah on 06-04-2005 at 07:21 AM

Its definitly not the best graphics card though :P, but for that price i spose so ;).

What would you be using it for? :P

RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by Purity on 06-04-2005 at 07:28 AM

Wll if i got it for that price i'd prolly chew on it or use it as a frisby or something, but tiz a good deal! (Y)

RE: RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by rav0 on 06-04-2005 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Wll if i got it for that price i'd prolly chew on it or use it as a frisby or something, but tiz a good deal! (Y)

If you were going to do that with it, you should give it to me as a (very) early birthday present. Then I could get away from my MX440.
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by John Anderton on 06-04-2005 at 08:18 AM

quote:
Jus to annoy blade..

(A)

Oh and as was said, alot of things start at that price because it is a way to attract attention to the auctions - and you will notice it has 5 days left, lots of opportunity for bidding.
:lol: Good one ;)
quote:
quote:
It would be funny if you ended up having to buy it .
For that price, I would - no questions asked ;P
Absolutely ... no one would regret that deal .... i'd get the money if i didnt have it to but it at that price :P
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by Sunshine on 06-04-2005 at 12:00 PM

When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute :chrongue:), then place your bid. All bidding before that really is a waste of time and only ment to get the price up. It's easy to influence the price..by the seller himself too..he could have a friend bidding on his item to get it upto the price he really wants.

Ohh yeah, always look at the terms of shipping...prices etc. and if it's worldwide or not incase you don't live in the same country as the one selling the item. And look at the sellers reputation.

RE: RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by Anubis on 06-04-2005 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute :chrongue:)

Yeah, you know how popular people who do that are? :p. Nah, but it is true that "snipering" works, and gets an almost certain succsessfull bid.
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by King For A Day on 06-04-2005 at 12:22 PM

they do wait, i had something on for 10 days , and at day 9 it had only had 8 bids and was up to about £30 then in the last 15 mins on day 10 it went to £87 to some random new bidder that hadnt been bidding

RE: RE: RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by CookieRevised on 06-04-2005 at 02:49 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I think so, because there were no bids between his, and the last two, when he outbid himself by $10, were 14 seconds apart.
No it isn't.

You'll see this regulary and it is quite common. It means that he/she probably started by setting a maximum bid. The bid will incriment automatically each time someone bids again, until the maximum is reached. The bid from that somebody will not be visible (unless it is higher than the maximum bid of him/her)... This is part of how eBay and it's services (and other online auctions) work. ;) It is either that, or he was so stupid to outbid himself. Both ways will give you the same report (but, IIRC, you couldn't outbid your own bid, dunno if this is still so)...

----

@Chris, I bought exactly the same fan, new, in a retail store for $4.04 AUD :P http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6746923929
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by surfichris on 06-04-2005 at 03:19 PM

quote:

@Chris, I bought exactly the same fan, new, in a retail store for $4.04 AUD http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6746923929
Cookie looking through my previous purchases :dodgy: :P

Shhh! :p Actually, I was able to find some around here for about the same price now too - am going to be setting up a partnership with that company to become one of their dealers.
quote:

When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute ), then place your bid.
That is one of my tactics... or If I roughly know how much something will go for I will set my max bid a bit below that and if I get outbid I just tack on a new bid..
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by SikStyles on 06-04-2005 at 03:22 PM

quote:
That is one of my tactics... or If I roughly know how much something will go for I will set my max bid a bit below that and if I get outbid I just tack on a new bid..

but what if the bid has gone to major heighs in those past 2 hours..u wudnt want to buy it right? u also have to look around for alternatives..maybe u'll find the same thing for less ;)
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by CookieRevised on 06-04-2005 at 03:57 PM

quote:
When buying on Ebay one needs to be smart, just wait till the bidding is almost done...let's say 10/15 mins left (even better the last minute :chrongue:), then place your bid.
There are programs which do this automatically and there is actually a term for that: "sniping". But many people don't like it though, for obvious reasons. But if you can't sit out an item you're bidding on to snipe it in the end, I'd say you don't really want it and thus don't deserve it :P

quote:
Cookie looking through my previous purchases :dodgy: :P
hehehe, of course... btw, building a server or small workstation with the PIII? :P:D

Anyways, try to find me ;) (no it isn't my nick, but otherwise it's really obvious :p)

quote:
but what if the bid has gone to major heighs in those past 2 hours..u wudnt want to buy it right?
Why not? He says he places a maximum bid, that means he is willing to pay that amount of money. If someone bids higher then his maximum bid in the last 2 hours then so be it and he wont win.
RE: Gfx card for 99 cents :| by SikStyles on 06-04-2005 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Why not? He says he places a maximum bid, that means he is willing to pay that amount of money. If someone bids higher then his maximum bid in the last 2 hours then so be it and he wont win.
well its good to have alternatives