Shoutbox

spoolsv.exe 100% CPU usage (printer problem) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: spoolsv.exe 100% CPU usage (printer problem) (/showthread.php?tid=45745)

spoolsv.exe 100% CPU usage (printer problem) by Maniac on 06-03-2005 at 06:47 PM

I've got a really stupid problem... i tried printing a file, the printer didn't print it... waited, still didn't print, meanwhile i made some changed to the word file and tried printing again (thinking i didn't press or something) but still... the printer woulnd't print.

I opened the printer task list window and tried cancelling the original print job... that was 2 days ago... it's still "deleting" and the printer process (spoolsv.exe) is using up 100% CPU .... my computer is way too slow...

I read that spoolsv.exe could also be a trojan so i'm running a virus scan at this very moment... but considering i did get a printer problem first i doubt it... any help?

RE: spoolsv.exe 100% CPU usage (printer problem) by matty on 06-03-2005 at 06:54 PM

Reboot the computer so that spoolsv.exe will be ended.
Uninstall the Printer and Reinstall it. This will get rid of old print jobs that wont delete and it should fix the problem.