Shoutbox

Anyone get this prob in Winamp? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? (/showthread.php?tid=45752)

Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by Tasha on 06-03-2005 at 09:09 PM

In the latest version of Winamp, 5.092, at times, when playing .wma music files, I pause, then when I come back and unpause, my music plays for a few seconds, then cuts out. :s Then I have to press pause twice for it to work again.

Does anyone else get this, when playing .wma files, or .mp3 files? I've asked about it on the Winamp forums, but was just wondering if anyone here had the same. *-) Please don't tell me to "go out an buy an iPod", " go out and buy a Creative Zen Micro" becuase I don't have the money, and don't want to get one. Also, please don't say, "use WMP, :cheesy:" or "use iTunes player", becuase I don't want to.

:)

EDIT: Oh, and i've tried re-installing Winamp.. Didn't help. :s

RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by Zephyr on 06-03-2005 at 09:58 PM

* Zephyr updates his Winamp player...

Doesn't happen for me. It just carries on playing fine when i unpause for .wma and .mp3.

Have you tried uninstalling, then re-installing Winamp?

RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by Dempsey on 06-03-2005 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
EDIT: Oh, and i've tried re-installing Winamp.. Didn't help.

RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by user35870 on 06-03-2005 at 10:01 PM

yeah it happens to me useally around the 26=30sec

RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by SikStyles on 06-03-2005 at 10:01 PM

does this happen to every song?

cud be defected song

RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by user35870 on 06-03-2005 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles

does this happen to every song?

it seems to only happen with wma (windows media player format songs)
RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by Zephyr on 06-03-2005 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:
quote:
EDIT: Oh, and i've tried re-installing Winamp.. Didn't help.

I did see that, i was just asking whether Tasha just insatlled it again or uninsatlled it first before insatlling.
RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by Tasha on 06-03-2005 at 10:06 PM

quote:
* monster.rat updates his Winamp player...

Doesn't happen for me. It just carries on playing fine when i unpause for .wma and .mp3.

Yep, thats what i've done.

It's odd. It only happens in .wma, and not all the time either. Its sorta random, though it does happen reguarly. It's a pain in the butt. :\ It doesn't happen on .mp3 files though. Still awaiting another reply on the Winamp forums. If its any help, here is a more detailed explanation (its what i posted on the Winamp forums):

quote:
When running the latest Winamp, I puase my music when I go away from the computer for a minute or two. When I come back, and click the pause button again, to unpause, my music plays for a second or two, then cuts out. I then have to press the pause button twice to get it to play again.
I have tried a full re-install, but to no avail. :(
Also, this evening, I was listening to a song, and it suddenyl just kept cutting in and out. :s I do not get any error messages, nor does Winamp crash or do anything else at all. All that happens is the music stops.
I have run 'Hijack This', and it is not a problem with 'winhlp32.dll'. I have also never visited a website called 'mp3university'.
The songs I am listening to are ripped from a CD to the computer.
I have only had this problem since the last update of Winamp a few days ago.

Winamp Version: v5.092
File type being played when problem occurs: .wma

Thanks for any help.

@ Sikstyles: Nope, it doesn't. I mena, its probably happened on every song in a way, but its completely random, and I know its not my PC, and the .wma files are ripped from a CD, and the CD is perfectely legitimate. :s
RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by SikStyles on 06-03-2005 at 10:09 PM

hmm maybe there is an update to this winamp because i looked around in winamp forums and seems they have fixed that bug

RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by Zephyr on 06-03-2005 at 10:11 PM

quote:
In the latest version of Winamp, 5.092

It is definitely the latest version.
RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by Tasha on 06-03-2005 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
hmm maybe there is an update to this winamp because i looked around in winamp forums and seems they have fixed that bug

Well, the person helping me hasn't mentioned an update, and it seems he has had the same problem, and was fixed by turning something off. But the problem was, what he turned off, its already off on my Winamp.. :s

And I think the problem that has been solved, is a different sort of problem to mine, because I read through a thread to do with it hanging, and it didn't really coincide with what was going on with mine.

Here is my thread on the Winamp forums: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217930
RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by user13774 on 06-04-2005 at 08:37 AM

I also have 5.092, but I don't seem to have the wma problem you describe... I tried with a few wma files, but it never occurs when I pause and unpause. 8-)

RE: Anyone get this prob in Winamp? by John Anderton on 06-04-2005 at 09:57 AM

The new winamp ... the 5.09 one .... stops everytime around 26 secs when i play Boulevard of broken dreams but i have that song on a disc and when i go and play it on my home theater it plays properly :S
Btw ... the song is a .mp3 and it plays fine in WMP too .... this happens only for that one song and also happens for one .avi vid that i have but that happened even in the old winamp :) So i guess thats a prob of the vid :)