Shoutbox

Need tips - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need tips (/showthread.php?tid=45762)

Need tips by paperless on 06-04-2005 at 12:52 AM

Maybe i will buy a new computer and this time im going to buy it piece by piece lol.

I want to know what you think of this configuration i made.. :S

Useful site: http://www.xe.com/

Thanks.

Check it

||
\/

RE: Need tips by SikStyles on 06-04-2005 at 01:06 AM

looks nice paperless..the questions is where u gonna get the money :D

and i'd see sometin bout that Video card..maybe u wanna step it up a notch :wink:

RE: Need tips by paperless on 06-04-2005 at 01:10 AM

My parents are going to pay it.. if they say yes to that new computer i will have to convince them first

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
maybe u wanna step it up a notch
What do you mean?
RE: Need tips by zach on 06-04-2005 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
maybe u wanna step it up a notch
quote:
What do you mean?
Doesn't he just mean get a better graphics card?

RE: Need tips by Jhrono on 06-05-2005 at 12:11 AM

WTH...1500 €?!?!
the 64 bit processor is kinda unusefull, do to uncompability of some progs, plus you need the 64 bit Windows...then, You dont need 2 dvd drives...the writer one is more then sufficient man..About that motherboard, it's a bit costy(iirc)..google for mine, Asus P4S800 which has a integrated 5.1 channels sound card...also google for Asus P5S800, which i think is already out...200 gb is a lot of space... i'm sure you could use the HDD you have currently plus a 80 Gb one..

RE: Need tips by RaceProUK on 06-05-2005 at 07:42 AM

Maybe he has two DVD drives so he can (legally) copy stuff?

RE: Need tips by ddunk on 06-05-2005 at 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
200 gb is a lot of space... i'm sure you could use the HDD you have currently plus a 80 Gb one..

Depends on what you do. A lot of image editing will require a lot of space, running a server will too.

<@Ddunk> Total Free: 135.07 GB/228.98 GB
(I formatted about 2 weeks ago)
<@DX> Total Free: 162.91 GB/454.39 GB
RE: Need tips by paperless on 06-05-2005 at 07:10 PM

Im a gaming guy of course i need a lot of space, my 120GB are almost full already... so 200gb is what i need.
80 gb is definitely few space.

Ive changed a bit check the new attachment and the price went down a bit too because i thought more about it.

Just a question, the processor comes with a cooler already? Do you recommend i get another one?

RE: Need tips by Plik on 06-05-2005 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
the 64 bit processor is kinda unusefull, do to uncompability of some progs, plus you need the 64 bit Windows
no you dont, you can use 32bit windows, you just wont use the full potential of the 64bit processer. plus afiak only operating systems and some advanced programs have compatability issues.

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Just a question, the processor comes with a cooler already? Do you recommend i get another one?
it depends on how much you care about noise, or weither you want to overclock, and on how good the airflow inside the case is.
  • If you care about noise then you might want a specially designed HSF (HeatSink & Fan) for quiteness
  • If you want to overclock you might want to get a more powerfull HSF to deal with the extra heat.
  • Finally if the airflow is rubbish inside the case a more powerful HSF is no good because the hot air will just remain in the case and wont be removed effectivly.

RE: Need tips by paperless on 06-05-2005 at 07:43 PM

But does it come with a cooler already?

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
Finally if the airflow is rubbish inside the case a more powerful HSF is no good because the hot air will just remain in the case and wont be removed effectivly.

The case im going to buy comes witth 4 fans:

Right, Left, Front and Back.

But yeah i might get a better cooler...
RE: Need tips by Plik on 06-05-2005 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
But does it come with a cooler already?
If its the retail package then yes it does but if its OEM then it doesnt.