Shoutbox

need some help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: need some help (/showthread.php?tid=45763)

need some help by Y2Pdogg on 06-04-2005 at 03:36 AM

My sister owns a video rental store and she's wanting to move all her video rental files from one computer to another (old to new) but she needs a program, you know, that'll keep track of all the rentals and the customers and stuff because the old program from the old computer won't work on the new one. (as far as I could tell anyway).

Here's the problem. She asked for me to search for her one and me nor her really knows what to search for (what the program is called). I've looked around Google but haven't really found anything. Please Help

btw the new computer uses Windows XP

RE: need some help by Underlord on 06-04-2005 at 04:51 AM

Are you positive the old program doesn't work? There are many compatibility options.
What was the old program called?
And i really hope she backs up data:P.

RE: need some help by Y2Pdogg on 06-04-2005 at 05:10 AM

well I'm not 100% positive as I haven't tried it or anything. I'm not sure what the old program is called. I'll have to ask her tommorrow as it's Midnight here right now but I do know that her old computer runs on Windows 95 and I wasn't sure if a 95 program can run on XP.

And yea, she have already backed up everything. :P

RE: need some help by Y2Pdogg on 06-04-2005 at 07:17 PM

ok It's called "The Video Store 2.0" and it was made in 1993. I can't find ANYTHING on it though. :S