Shoutbox

Problem with Nero Burning ROM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Problem with Nero Burning ROM (/showthread.php?tid=45787)

Problem with Nero Burning ROM by Reaper on 06-04-2005 at 07:23 PM

when burning a cd in nero, the burn completes but doesnt actually stop.
sounds a bit confusing lol.
basically, it will burn to 100% but will not show the popup sayin "Burn Completed Successfully" instead it will stay at 100%. When this happens i need to abort the burn and close nero via the task manager. also the cd drive i burn it in doesnt operate unless i restart my pc. i have tried uninstalling and updating my version but still no difference. i have searched on google but no luck. anyone had this problem or knows a solution
thanx

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by absorbation on 06-04-2005 at 07:26 PM

It could be the drive have you tryed using other programs such as windows media player or roxio :p

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by Reaper on 06-04-2005 at 07:31 PM

the other burning program i use is Alcohol 120% and that works without any problems

one thing i have noticed is that it seems to happen when i have windows media player runnig but i am not 100% sure if this is the case

[Edit] I just burnt a cd and windows media player wasnt open so i guess what i sed above is ruled out :P

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by rav0 on 06-06-2005 at 09:57 AM

Does the CD work fine after you get out?

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by Reaper on 06-06-2005 at 05:36 PM

yeh the cd works fyn. but its annoying cos i need to restart my pc before i can take the cd out of the drive

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by rav0 on 06-07-2005 at 05:51 AM

You said that you reinstalled. Try "updating" to an older version.

The problem is Nero, your drive seems to be fine. You can't get the CD out because Nero will lock the drive for the burn process, so you don't accidently open it and abort the burn. Obviously, Nero is glitching, and not giving you burn confirmation or releasing the CD drive.

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by Reaper on 06-07-2005 at 02:47 PM

i had version 6.6.0.12, went to 6.6.0.13, then to 6.6.0.8. still no difference
i have 2 virtual drives on my computer wud that affect it in anyway?

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by MeEtc on 06-07-2005 at 03:23 PM

If you have InCD installed, try uninstalling it. During setup, it distinctly says that InCD has not passed Windows XP compatibility tests. (If you're running XP)

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by Reaper on 06-07-2005 at 03:25 PM

dont think i have InCD installd

RE: RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by rav0 on 06-08-2005 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
If you have InCD installed, try uninstalling it. During setup, it distinctly says that InCD has not passed Windows XP compatibility tests. (If you're running XP)

No it doesn't. It says that for Nero ImageDrive, because the compatibility tests don't exist for virtual drives.

I don't think that InCD would cause Nero to glitch, or that the virtual drives could. You should try disabling them, just to be sure.
RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by Hank on 06-08-2005 at 02:37 AM

have you tried doing a clean installation of nero? remove the lkot an then reinstall from scratch an update it fully

RE: Problem with Nero Burning ROM by Reaper on 06-08-2005 at 10:19 AM

the only reinstall i have done is the normal way throguh add/remove programs. if you mean that then yeah ive done it