Shoutbox

cant log in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: cant log in (/showthread.php?tid=45791)

cant log in by - keef on 06-04-2005 at 09:00 PM

help...i was messenger and was suddenly signed out..after that i logged bak in..anc changed my password...the next day i couldn't log in anymore. it says ma account's locked because somone kept tryin to guess my password. How long do i have to wait until i can log in again?

RE: cant log in by absorbation on 06-04-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by - keef
help...i was messenger and was suddenly signed out..after that i logged bak in..anc changed my password...the next day i couldn't log in anymore. it says ma account's locked because somone kept tryin to guess my password. How long do i have to wait until i can log in again?

Enter the right one or enter your secret work or use password reset if you have another account :P
RE: cant log in by Zephyr on 06-04-2005 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation

Enter the right one or enter your secret work or use password reset if you have another account

What e-mail sevice do you have?

If it is hotmail, you go to www.hotmail.com and when you try to sign in, you should see this [Image: lock7ya.jpg]

If you click reset your password, you are given the option to send instructions on how to reset your password to another email account or to answer your secret question.

From then on, its pretty easy, but you need to have set an alternate email address when signing up for your account for instructions to be sent to you.

These brute-force attacks are very annoying, you can't really do anything to stop them.
RE: cant log in by - keef on 06-04-2005 at 09:54 PM

i dunt get it..if says u can send a  password to the acount that u forget da password for,  how do u acces to the account for the reseted password?

RE: cant log in by Zephyr on 06-04-2005 at 10:02 PM

It doesn't send the instructions to the locked account because that would be stupid.

When you register an account, there was an option to give an alternate email address for these exact situations. This is an optional thing though, so you may not have given one.

If you follow the steps, it will ask you to send the password to this alternate email, and you will need to check this account. If you can't remember whether you gave an alternate email at registering, just check an old account or one that you probably would have put as your alternate email.

If you can't find the alternate email, just follow the instructions to answer the secret question.

RE: cant log in by - keef on 06-05-2005 at 08:24 AM

the thing is that when i reset my password it says that they email the resetted password to the account that was locked

RE: cant log in by Zephyr on 06-05-2005 at 08:29 AM

When you click the Reset your password link in the image i posted before, i think you then have to type the characters from the picture.

Then it will give you the option to:

Send an e-mail message to my alternate e-mail address

or

Send an e-mail message to <locked email account>

The alterate email will only work if you set an alternate email in registering for the account.