Shoutbox

Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox (/showthread.php?tid=45823)

Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by Circeus on 06-05-2005 at 05:07 PM

When floating contacts are activated, you cannot type in form elements in the Firefox browser without activating the "Find As You Type" feature. This makes it virtually impossible to fill in forms.

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by RaceProUK on 06-05-2005 at 07:37 PM

Doesn't happen with me.

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by matty on 06-05-2005 at 08:16 PM

Do you have any extensions installed for Fire Fox?

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by Circeus on 06-06-2005 at 01:57 PM

Well, It only happens if the "begin finding when you start typing" option is activated, AFAICT. My version is 1.0.4.

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by apquiche on 06-07-2005 at 04:37 PM

yes, this is true! I had the same problem! But I moved to Mozilla and this time the problem doesn't happen anymore...

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by RaceProUK on 06-07-2005 at 10:31 PM

Another thing: you sure you've selected the form element i.e. the insertion point is actually in the textbox?

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by Circeus on 06-08-2005 at 10:30 AM

definitely: I can type the first characters, but subsequent ones are typed as if there wasn't any form element selected (e.g. in the "find as you type" function)

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by RaceProUK on 06-08-2005 at 11:54 AM

Is it happening on a few pages, or any page with form elements?

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by Circeus on 06-08-2005 at 04:36 PM

Well, it occured on a phpBB forum, so I can safely guess that any forums controlled by the phpBB script would be affected. I haven't extensively tested for the bug.

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by Concord Dawn on 06-08-2005 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Circeus
Well, it occured on a phpBB forum, so I can safely guess that any forums controlled by the phpBB script would be affected. I haven't extensively tested for the bug.

No you can't, since that particular forum might be using a mod or something that other forums don't use
RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by Circeus on 06-08-2005 at 09:59 PM

Okay, I'll be performing more extensive testings tomorrow.

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by ShawnZ on 06-08-2005 at 10:03 PM

This happens to me too, I am using firefox atm, but messenger nor msgplus is running. It seems to be a bug in firefox that if something is selected with tab, or with javascript, it won't work with FAYT. I usually need to click boxes once again even if they are already selected to ensure what I type is inputted to the textbox. Try searching BugZilla

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by Circeus on 06-09-2005 at 09:47 PM

Well, despite extensive testings, I haven't been able to reproduce the bug. Neither in the original page nor in other forms.

RE: Floating contacts causes undesirable interaction with Firefox by tomalak on 09-15-2005 at 12:14 AM

This is a well-known Firefox bug; I do not believe it has anything to do with Messenger Plus!.

See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258285.