Shoutbox

Got new comp so i need help with msgplus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus (/showthread.php?tid=45833)

Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by Val on 06-05-2005 at 09:58 PM

Hey i got a new computer: pentium 4, windows xp professtional. Anyways i need help with Msgplus when i start up Msn Messanger it dosent start up with plus so i have to exit Messanger and click on lanch MsgPlus.

So  is there a way tro make them start up at the same time this didnt happen when i had windows 2000

RE: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by Zephyr on 06-05-2005 at 10:01 PM

Yes there is, its called alternate mode.

- Plus > preferences > miscellaneous..under Messenger Plus! Automatic Recovery Options, set it to "Alternate".
- Reboot
- Start MSN Messegner and check if it's still in alternate mode
- Ctrl alt del to go to taskmanager and in processeslist end msgplus.exe
- Now restart MSNM and see if Plus! appears in the menu, if so "alternate mode" is working fine.
- After checking you can remove Plus! from startuplist by going to: start > run ..type: msconfig <enter>, go to startuplist and uncheck MsgPlus.

[Image: 24ik.jpg]

RE: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by user27089 on 06-05-2005 at 10:02 PM

Go (in the main msn window after you've launched msgplus) to Plus! > Preferences... > General Options > Miscellaneous, at the bottom of that screen is a small area called "Messenger Plus! Automatic Recovery Options", in the "Messenger Attach Method" dropdown box, choose Alternate Mode.

Restart your computer, and if it doesn't work, then try default - force.

RE: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by Val on 06-05-2005 at 10:19 PM

thanks but its greyed out and i cant change it can you tell me how to fix this

RE: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by Zephyr on 06-05-2005 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by val3006
thanks but its greyed out and i cant change it can you tell me how to fix this

Do you definitely have the latest version of Messenger plus, version 3.54.132?

The option shouldn't be greyed out.
RE: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by Val on 06-06-2005 at 01:43 AM

I do have the latest version but y wont it work maybe cuze im not administartor on my comp

EDIT: verstion to version, I hate you lou! :P

RE: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by RaceProUK on 06-06-2005 at 10:16 AM

You mean you installed Plus! on a limited account? That's why it isn't starting up automatically.
You can get round this by putting a shortcut to it in your StartUp folder (on the Start menu).

RE: Got new comp so i need help with msgplus by Val on 06-10-2005 at 08:55 PM

It is on  the start up folder but it still wont work plez help me