Shoutbox

Email notification for Gmail accounts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Email notification for Gmail accounts (/showthread.php?tid=45836)

Email notification for Gmail accounts by phy on 06-05-2005 at 11:51 PM

Okie so I'm using a .Net passport on MSN and I'm wondering how to set up email notification for Gmail accounts. I know it says that it says that only MSN and Hotmail accounts can be checked but I've seen some people set it up for other domains as well so I'm curious. Thanks much:)

RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by Joa on 06-06-2005 at 01:45 AM

go here: http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=pop...-clients#pec-gmail

to learn how to configure the POP3 e-mail checker to check your gmail

RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by phy on 06-06-2005 at 12:18 PM

Okie I tried that and when I click the "test settings" button I'm getting a message saying "The server couldn't be contacted. Please edit your settings or try again later." *-)

RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by mwe99 on 06-06-2005 at 12:59 PM

you have to go to your gmail account and settings you need to enable POP check its enabled

RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by Concord Dawn on 06-06-2005 at 01:00 PM

You also need to make sure SSL is enabled.

RE: RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by phy on 06-06-2005 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
you have to go to your gmail account and settings you need to enable POP check its enabled

Yes done...
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
You also need to make sure SSL is enabled.

...and done :$

but still "The server couldn't be contacted. Please edit your settings or try again later."*-)
RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by Concord Dawn on 06-06-2005 at 01:05 PM

Right port number and everything? Please post a screenshot of your settings.

RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by phy on 06-06-2005 at 01:16 PM

K here's what's going on *-)

[Image: screen567jo.th.jpg]

RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by Joa on 06-06-2005 at 04:02 PM

the only thing i can think of is, check once again if your settings (in your gmail acount) enable pop mail

when you sign into gmail, go to settings > Forwarding and POP > than down to POP Download, and make sure you checked either "Enable POP for all mail" or "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on"

(or go here for clearer instructions http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273&topic=194)

IF you already have done that, than i do not know what the problem could be since your settings in plus seem correct.

(double check your password and email address though, maybe there's a mistake in one)

RE: Email notification for Gmail accounts by phy on 06-06-2005 at 04:45 PM

^^^Hmmm yah I have all that done. I guess I'll get in touch with the folks at Gmail perhaps and ask what's going on :S . Thanks :)