Shoutbox

Desktop Contacts: always offline - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Desktop Contacts: always offline (/showthread.php?tid=45860)

Desktop Contacts: always offline by WojtekS on 06-06-2005 at 08:35 AM

No matter the status of a contact, the status for its desktop contact "clone" is always offline.
Interestingly, when choosing which contacts to copy as Desktop Contacts (via the Preferences pane) the status shown there is correct.

I use Messenger Plus! with a MS IM connected to an Exchange server in an Intranet (with the Exchange protocol, not the typical MSN one) - so this may be the reason? (but then - why only for Desktop Contacts?)

Thanks - Wojtek

I forgot to add that the OS is XP SP2 and Messenger Plus! version is 3.54.132
RE: Desktop Contacts: always offline by Concord Dawn on 06-06-2005 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WojtekS
I forgot to add that the OS is XP SP2 and Messenger Plus! version is 3.54.132

There's an edit button for a reason........

I have heard of the Exchange protocol messing up some of Plus!'s features, have you tried using the normal MSN protocol and seeing if this still happens?
RE: Desktop Contacts: always offline by Patchou on 06-06-2005 at 11:15 PM

The Exchange server part is probably what's causing all the problems. Messenger Plus! was designed to work with the Passport authentication system of MSN Messenger and nothing else. I would gladly improve this if I could, however, I currently don't have access to a private Messenger network (if you can give me access to yours or tell me how to setup one on my computer, please email me at mplus@patchou.com).