Shoutbox

stop msn loading more then once - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: stop msn loading more then once (/showthread.php?tid=45883)

stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 05:45 PM

ok so i just bought a new microsoft keyboard with a messenger kery on it, and when msn is close and running in the system (down by the clock) but everytime i press it it opens a new windows messenger :(

i trying reinstalling over the top of the normal install but no luck

can anyone help?

its xp pro and msn 7 btw

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Zephyr on 06-06-2005 at 05:48 PM

The button on the keyboard is probably just to open Windows messenger not MSN messenger. They are actually 2 different applications. Windows messenger is a windows component which is why you can open it with a keyboard button as it is integrated with windows; it is there from the start.

Unless you can change what application the button opens, you can't really do anything with the button if your using MSN Messenger.

RE: stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 05:51 PM

its says MSN messenger!!!!

and it works if its minimize and you press it, it well make msn messenger pop up like it should. but when its running in the system tray it does not work!

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Stigmata on 06-06-2005 at 05:51 PM

polygamy?

sorry not familia with windows messenger.

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 05:52 PM

you should be able you configure the keyboard in the control panel real easily, have you also tried uninstalling windows messenger in the add-remove windows componants, windows messenger is now end of the line, they stopped making updates as far as I know.

RE: stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 05:53 PM

i well give that a try

RE: RE: stop msn loading more then once by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hexdude
i well give that a try

Let me know how that goes!
RE: RE: stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
you should be able you configure the keyboard in the control panel real easily, have you also tried uninstalling windows messenger in the add-remove windows componants, windows messenger is now end of the line, they stopped making updates as far as I know.

still doing it after an install, i think there is a polygamy installed how do i remove it?
RE: stop msn loading more then once by Stigmata on 06-06-2005 at 05:58 PM

Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Msn Messenger -> Repair.

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 05:59 PM

Couldn't tell you, thats out of my league. But as far as I know that shouldnt be an issue, did you restart after doing the uninstall, then delete the remaining windows messenger folder as for some reason, windows still seems to run if you do not. It's built into the system so it's never really fully uninstalled!

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Zephyr on 06-06-2005 at 06:00 PM

quote:

still doing it after an install, i think there is a polygamy installed how do i remove it?

If you have patched msnmsgr.exe with polygamy, just reinstalling MSN Messenger will get rid of the polygamy. You can do this from add/remove programs, scroll to MSN Messenger and click change.
RE: RE: stop msn loading more then once by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Couldn't tell you, thats out of my league. But as far as I know that shouldnt be an issue, did you restart after doing the uninstall, then delete the remaining windows messenger folder as for some reason, windows still seems to run if you do not. It's built into the system so it's never really fully uninstalled!

God Damn Windows Messenger, Why Was That Ever Created, Was There Ever Any Need For It.
RE: stop msn loading more then once by Joa on 06-06-2005 at 06:02 PM

quote:
uninstalling windows messenger in the add-remove windows componants, windows messenger is now end of the line, they stopped making updates as far as I know.

to disable windows messenger correctly see cookie's reply to "I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger"

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=258821#pid258821
RE: RE: stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
quote:

If you have patched msnmsgr.exe with polygamy, just reinstalling MSN Messenger will get rid of the polygamy. You can do this from add/remove programs, scroll to MSN Messenger and click change.

done that and its still does it, i used the a-patch, but i never remember clicking the polygamy tickbox ^o)

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Joa on 06-06-2005 at 06:04 PM

quote:
done that and its still does it, i used the a-patch, but i never remember clicking the polygamy tickbox

uninstall msn completely, and delete the msn messenger folder
than install msn again from here:
http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx
RE: stop msn loading more then once by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 06:06 PM

quote:
done that and its still does it, i used the a-patch, but i never remember clicking the polygamy tickbox ^o)

what exactly does this polygamy thingy do? sound like more trouble than it's worth to me!
RE: stop msn loading more then once by Zephyr on 06-06-2005 at 06:06 PM

You can open A-patch and select restore backups which will restore MSN Messenger to the way it was before you used A-patch.

But the safest way to remove polygamy is go to

quote:
add/remove programs, scroll to MSN Messenger and click change.

quote:

what exactly does this polygamy thingy do? sound like more trouble than it's worth to me!

Polygamy is where you can run two instances of MSN Messenger at the same time. A-patch and Messpatch are patches which have this, but it can also be done with Stuffplug NG, a plugin for Messenger Plus.
RE: stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 06:44 PM

after trying everything nothing has worked :(

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Zephyr on 06-06-2005 at 06:48 PM

quote:
If anybody wants multi-msn http://www.msgshit.com/downloads/491?PHPSESSID=68...05760c6218fc8a3956
see if that helps

Multi MSN is the same as polygamy, but that multi msn looks quite good with the easy enable/disable feature. This is also better than a patch which is illegal.
RE: stop msn loading more then once by CookieRevised on 06-06-2005 at 06:56 PM

quote:
after trying everything nothing has worked :(
There is no way that Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger, under any circumstances, allow a second instance to be opened; they are simply programmed that way. (though, since Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger are two different programs, they can coexist/run together at the same time)...

quote:
Since many people wanted to run two of the same messengers to be able to log in with two different accounts at the same time, polygamy patches have been created. They change the MSN Messenger executable in such a way that the check for another instance is skipped....

Those polygamy patches don't do anything else and aren't troublesome at all...

-----

quote:
If anybody wants multi-msn http://www.msgshit.com/downloads/491?PHPSESSID=68...05760c6218fc8a3956
see if that helps
Appriciated the link, but there are many more patches which do the exact same job and most of us know all the links. Also, nobody asked for a polygamy patch iether ;) And installing a polygamy patch isn't going to do anything good and is in fact most likely the cause of the problem.

quote:
Multi MSN is the same as polygamy, but that multi msn looks quite good with the easy enable/disable feature. This is also better than a patch which is illegal.
StuffPlug works in the exact same way, as well as hundreds of others...

But anyways, hexdude, make absolutely sure (200%) that you don't run or didn't run any other polygamy patch in the past or the present, as this is the only way that such beheviour can exist...
RE: stop msn loading more then once by Zephyr on 06-06-2005 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
StuffPlug works in the exact same way...

I know Stuffplug has the same enable/disable feature, but that Multi MSN actually patches the msnmsgr.exe file whereas i don't think stuffplug does. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

The Multi MSN also has the enable/disable thing for removing the ads as a patch.

I know this can be done with stuffplug as well, but not actually patching MSN.
RE: stop msn loading more then once by CookieRevised on 06-06-2005 at 07:06 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
StuffPlug works in the exact same way...

I know Stuffplug has the same enable/disable feature, but that Multi MSN actually patches the msnmsgr.exe file whereas i don't think stuffplug does. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

The Multi MSN also has the enable/disable thing for removing the ads as a patch.

I know this can be done with stuffplug as well, but not actually patching MSN.
Stuffplug patches msnmsgr.exe in memory, just like JnrzLoader. And there are many other patches which much more functions which patch msnmsgr.exe on disk.... Point is, there are hundreds of this kinds of patches and all do _exactly_ the same thing and patch the _exact_ same bytes....
RE: stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 07:20 PM

msn reopens it self over and over!!!!

its not winodws messenger, its msn messenger!

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Mentality on 06-06-2005 at 08:00 PM

I jus put the multi msn on as an alternative to the other stuff out there, I know that nobody asked for it, as for hexdudes problem, sorry my friend, no alternative solution, infact no solution at all, I'm stumped!!!

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Ezra on 06-06-2005 at 08:06 PM

hexdude did you try to install msn again?

RE: stop msn loading more then once by Zephyr on 06-06-2005 at 08:06 PM

quote:

Do you have stuffplug-ng for messenger plus! If you do, open plus preferences, plugins, stuffplug-ng, configure then disable polygamy.

RE: RE: stop msn loading more then once by hexdude on 06-06-2005 at 08:25 PM

quote:
quote:

Do you have stuffplug-ng for messenger plus! If you do, open plus preferences, plugins, stuffplug-ng, configure then disable polygamy.

i know someone would know, THANKS

in fact THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP WORKING NOW (B)(B)