Shoutbox

Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? (/showthread.php?tid=45913)

Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by ImmyG on 06-07-2005 at 08:12 AM

Hi, my college+school has blocked the hotmail website for a few years and i was just wondering if there's ANY way to check your hotmail e-mails from another website in school or work???? Thanks

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by Pyro on 06-07-2005 at 08:14 AM

go to http://www.ibypass.org

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by -rafy- on 06-07-2005 at 08:15 AM

Most schools here havent blocked gmail yet.

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by RaceProUK on 06-07-2005 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
Most schools here havent blocked gmail yet.
And that's relevant why? He was asking about Hotmail, to which the first reply looks like an ideal solution.
RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by Pyro on 06-07-2005 at 10:32 AM

like i said ibypass.org lets you get past proxy servers, have a look

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by -rafy- on 06-07-2005 at 10:45 AM

I was merely commenting on the fact that gmail isnt usually blocked, therby adding another benefit of it over hotmail.

Completely relevant :)

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by linx05 on 06-07-2005 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
I was merely commenting on the fact that gmail isnt usually blocked, therby adding another benefit of it over hotmail.

Completely relevant :)
When someone says they have a problem with MSNM, you don't say go and install Gaim do you?

When I was at school, they blocked hotmail. But we found a way to get around it. Go to the option menu in IE and set your email to hotmail. Then make a file and send it to your email. Or click on Read Mail in the Tools menu in IE.

We found out they blocked hotmail.com and they site right after it when you click on sign in.
RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by ImmyG on 06-16-2005 at 01:29 PM

Hi, i tried the first way but the site doesn't seem to work, and i seems to get unauthorised by it self after :(

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by Chris.1 on 06-16-2005 at 02:16 PM

ibyoass.com doesnt work for hotmail, it works for other websites though.

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by sn1p3r on 06-16-2005 at 02:44 PM

Ibypass doesn't seem to be working for any site right now. But there are many other good Proxy sites you could try. Some i use are:
bigate.com
proxyweb.net
the-cloak.com
List of lots of differant Proxies

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by Anubis on 06-16-2005 at 03:18 PM

Please note that using proxies to get on websites that are blocked most likely work at school, they often block the sites which support proxies.
Also please remember that the network\IT staff at your school\college do not take lightly to people getting around blocks or security holes, or anything like that. I've heard of cases where they can sometimes edge on paranoia. I know that may sound a little dumb, but at least be careful.

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by ImmyG on 06-21-2005 at 02:34 PM

it still doesn't work :( can someone tell me how to actually access it because i might be doing it wrong all together lol:P

RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by Ezra on 06-21-2005 at 05:00 PM

try to enter this in as the adress url: 216.219.72.36

RE: RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by ImmyG on 07-14-2005 at 11:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
try to enter this in as the adress url: 216.219.72.36

That's the closest ive come but the next page says you are not authorised etc. but the log in page comes up at least...any way around this?
RE: Checking hotmail e-mail accounts in school? by Ezra on 07-14-2005 at 04:34 PM

Best thing is to try a proxy, at our school there's not really much restrictions and because I used to work there aswell I know the Administrator password :P