Shoutbox

I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List (/showthread.php?tid=45937)

I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 08:19 PM

As far as I have been told this is a server problem, if anybody knows anything different please post it here please.

RE: Myspace Is Down by user27089 on 06-07-2005 at 08:20 PM

I think you mean MSN Spaces, MySpace is a completely different website...

Both of them are working completely fine for me, I am having no trouble whatsoever...

RE: Myspace Is Down by Shezi on 06-07-2005 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think you mean MSN Spaces, MySpace is a completely different website...

Both of them are working completely fine for me, I am having no trouble whatsoever...
he have the problem that he cant see the msn spaces button in msn contact list... ...
I Can't See MSN Spaces In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 08:22 PM

yeah shit an I can't edit that!!! god damn it, I cant she the msn space in my contact list or msn today!!!!

RE: Myspace Is Down by Zephyr on 06-07-2005 at 08:26 PM

Mentality started a thread about this not long ago, but it was deleted.

Basically, a few people all said they could not see the spaces button, MSN today, button, nothing on people contact cards, no hyperlinks from what im listening to and some games features missing.

These are all server features.

And Mentality, your thread was probably deleted for a reason, so i don't think you should have started another one IMO.

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi

yeah i dunno bout other people coz my sisters is working also, seems to be a problem with mine and a few other peoles

I deleted the other thread myself, but other people couldnt find the other threads out there for some reason so I started it again
RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by kierant on 06-07-2005 at 08:43 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem..I.e. no links in now playing, no display in contact cards, all tabs not displayed etc.

Gonna be fixed soon? Hope so.^o)

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Shezi on 06-07-2005 at 08:46 PM

well i get this problem with only my two msn accounts while all the other accounts are working fine at my pc...
and the regioin setting is same for all the accounts.. could it be the server problem...^o)

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
well i get this problem with only my two msn accounts while all the other accounts are working fine at my pc...
and the regioin setting is same for all the accounts.. could it be the server problem...^o)

It wouldnt seem like it would it, surley if it was a server problem then all of em would go down, an the fact that loadsa people are havin the same problem in different places it then couldnt be considerd a regional thing. It can't be to do with the update as Shezi has proven that by signing into different account!!!

The only way I could see this being a server problem is if they can only update so many accounts at a time and they are doing it in alphbetical order, although I don't trust that theory myself
RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by The Black Stallion on 06-07-2005 at 09:29 PM

It has to do with MSN Plus, that's for sure.

Whenever I uninstall MSN plus, MSN Spaces and all the other features work flawlessly. Whenever I reinstall MSN Plus, the MSN Spaces and the like dissapears.

To verify this, I told a few of my friends to do the same, same result. I even tested this on two other computers, and the same thing happened. MSN Spaces wouldn't appear nor would the links on the user cards.

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by user27089 on 06-07-2005 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Black Stallion

Whenever I uninstall MSN plus, MSN Spaces and all the other features work flawlessly. Whenever I reinstall MSN Plus, the MSN Spaces and the like dissapears.

To verify this, I told a few of my friends to do the same, same result. I even tested this on two other computers, and the same thing happened. MSN Spaces wouldn't appear nor would the links on the user cards.

It is nothing to do with Messenger Plus!

Messenger Plus! doesn't change that area of MSN Messenger at all, it must be a problem with MSN Messenger, I know for a fact, that it's not Messenger Plus!

Were you using any additional plugins when using Messenger Plus! or any patches?
RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Shezi on 06-07-2005 at 09:32 PM

quote:

is that true.. ??
* Shezi is trying to uninstall msgplus! just to chk the problem ...
RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by lollypop200232 on 06-07-2005 at 09:33 PM

hey im new on here and i have the same problem :(
when i signed on msn today i noticed that the tags or MSN today and even MY space wasn't any to be seen so i looked in the options bar under tools but nothing could help me so i got a bit worried and started panicing but i don't understand it. this sort of thing has happend to me before but i manage to sort it out but this time it aint taking any of it. i think you are right i could be something to do with what they are doing so we are probs going to be the last ones that has it all sorted but i hope it gets done soon because MSN is my life really i live of it :P

so if anyone has any ideas of wot i could do then please come forward and i will try them id ont mind if they dont work i just want my MSN back working again :D

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 09:36 PM

I don't belive its a problem with messenger plus! I've been running the latest update for about a week or so now, and the problem only arised today!

[UPDATE:] My MSN Today button is back, but not active

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by The Black Stallion on 06-07-2005 at 09:38 PM

Well, the only way I can resolve the problem at the moment is by uninstalling MSN Plus. So, for now, I belive that the problem is due to MSN Plus.

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by lollypop200232 on 06-07-2005 at 09:39 PM

i no but i dont understand it tho. my mums comp MSN works fine and were on the same connetcion thingy and when i sign out of and go onto someone else's email address they ahve the tabs and msn space and that, just the things that i dont have, is it because i have MSN Plus?

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Well, the only way I can resolve the problem at the moment is by uninstalling MSN Plus. So, for now, I belive that the problem is due to MSN Plus.

Does seem abit coinsidential? lets see what shezi says when she comes back, she is trying now!!!
RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Shezi on 06-07-2005 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
I don't belive its a problem with messenger plus! I've been running the latest update for about a week or so now, and the problem only arised today!
well this pronlem is not only arised today but i and some other guys are facing this problem much esrlier..
well i chked the msn msngr without msgplus! but the msn spaces button is still not there.... and also cant access the the other feature ( like games, activities...) as eirlier i cant

@ Mentality: shezi is not she.. :D
RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by lollypop200232 on 06-07-2005 at 09:42 PM

yeh but how come it has only happend to my account and not someone else's even tho they are using my computer?

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Zephyr on 06-07-2005 at 09:42 PM

quote:

Firstly the program is Messenger Plus!, not MSN Plus.

And i also just tried MSN without plus and everything is still the same. No spaces, msn today, or song links.
RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by The Black Stallion on 06-07-2005 at 09:45 PM

Well, MSN PLUS is what seems to initiate the problem as, by installing it and running it, it has removed 7 of my friends "MSN Spaces" capabilities. The only positive effects have been the removal of the "Search" button in the chat window, and the elimination of the ads at the bottom of the chat windows...

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Plik on 06-07-2005 at 10:08 PM

If you think back to the security settings msn tested a few months ago, you might remember that they disabbled the spaces, and today button, and made song links unclickable.
Now what could be happening is the security settings have been applyied by region or user. This could be msn testing if the security changes make a difference, or they could feel the need to protect you :chrongue:
The only other thing that could remove the buttons is a patch, so make sure your using an unpatched version.
Is your search button also gone?

@Black stalion
What version of messnger plus are you using?
also have you tried turning the plus button on the contact list off (Preferences>>Contact list>>Uncheck "Enhance the contact list with pluses features") as this is the only thing that alters that part of the messenger window.
Also are you using any other patchs/add ons, or a skin?

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 10:24 PM

Patches arnt an issue with me, I havnt had any running sept I just this second used one, but the problem was before. It's probably the security thingy watsit you are on about

[UPDATE:] MSN Today keeps dissappearing and returning, some difinate updates are being done to the server or security I'm sure of it now

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Goshi on 06-07-2005 at 10:26 PM

A problem server. http://config.messenger.msn.com/Config/MsgrConfig.asmx is the url for the msn's configuration, doesn't work. If you want to have msn today, msn space, msn music and other, you can use tabservepatch :P .... or wait tomorrow

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 10:30 PM

Thanks Goshi, I think I'll just wait for them to come back now :P

this is what I get  if I attemp to sign in, from the MSN Spaces site
The Microsoft Passport Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of the Passport Network.

You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Passport Network, or try again later at this site.

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Goshi on 06-07-2005 at 11:02 PM

It will work in a few minutes. http://config.messenger.msn.com/Config/MsgrConfig.asmx works now but i've got "service unvailable"

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Goshi
It will work in a few minutes. http://config.messenger.msn.com/Config/MsgrConfig.asmx works now but i've got "service unvailable"

Still not working for me Goshy, could not connect to server.

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Zephyr on 06-07-2005 at 11:08 PM

The link isn't working for me, but i just exited msn and signed back in and everything is back to normal :banana:

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Goshi on 06-07-2005 at 11:29 PM

It seems it work now :)
edit : rofl, service unavailable an other time. Bye, i go out :(

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by kierant on 06-07-2005 at 11:36 PM

Still not working for me.

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Goshi on 06-07-2005 at 11:45 PM

You have to reboot msn. http://config.messenger.msn.com/Config/MsgrConfig.asmx have no problems now so it will work.

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by kierant on 06-07-2005 at 11:52 PM

Tried that a few times and didn't work.

Works now though...Guess it took a while to get round to my turn:P

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Jedi_Smurf_99 on 06-08-2005 at 12:42 AM

Thanks soo much (I actually signed up just to say this :P)

I was really freakin out because I thought that when I got rid of MSN Explorer is accidentally killed my MSN links!

Anyways thanks again!

RE: I Can't See MSN Space In My Contact List by Mentality on 06-08-2005 at 11:12 AM

All service now appears to be up and running again, thanx everyone who commented on this thread. Althought there was no fix, coz it was a server thing, there was nothing anyone could have done, just had to sit back and wait.:D:P;)