Shoutbox

Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window (/showthread.php?tid=45940)

Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by KamikazeHamster on 06-07-2005 at 08:48 PM

In previous versions, I was able to click on a custom emoticon and select "Add...". This seems to have been removed from the new version. Now there is only Copy and Select all.

-------------------

WinXP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build #2600)
Messenger Plus!: 3.54.132 - May 23rd 2005
Messenger 7.0 (Build 7.0.0777)

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by Caboose on 06-07-2005 at 08:49 PM

Nope, it's still there. Are you sure you're not clicking on a normal emoticon? ;)

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by Shezi on 06-07-2005 at 08:52 PM

well this is also heppening with me... while trying to add the custom emoticon from chat window...

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by KamikazeHamster on 06-07-2005 at 08:58 PM

Trying to attach a screen shot - hope this works!

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by Zephyr on 06-07-2005 at 09:57 PM

I haven't been able to add custom emoticons either for quite a while now. I've tried reinsatlling MSN Messenger from http://messenger.msn.com which seemed to solve the problem for some people.

There was also another suggestion from Add Emoticons not working [7.0.0813]

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
There are people who change location in .NET passport to UK and "add" is back in rightclickmenu again, so you could try that.

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by Shezi on 06-07-2005 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
I haven't been able to add custom emoticons either for quite a while now. I've tried reinsatlling MSN Messenger from http://messenger.msn.com which seemed to solve the problem for some people.

There was also another suggestion from Add Emoticons not working [7.0.0813]

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
There are people who change location in .NET passport to UK and "add" is back in rightclickmenu again, so you could try that.

i ll try these suggestion and will try to post the result..
* Shezi is goin to sleep becoz its too late...
RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by kate on 06-09-2005 at 07:13 PM

I got the same problem... What to do?!?
I'd like to try changing my net.passport location, but WHERE the hell I'm able to do this? I logged in at www.passport.net, but I don't find the site where I can change my location... Anyway, is there any other solution/fix for this bad problem yet?!? Please answer fast... Sorry, but it's really stressful.

Thanks.

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by Tochjo on 06-09-2005 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kate
logged in at www.passport.net, but I don't find the site
After you log in, the first option should allow you to edit your account data. From the page you are directed to then you should be able to edit your personal information. You can there change your location :)
RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by kate on 06-10-2005 at 04:41 PM

OK, I've done this... But no change. Still no "Add..." in the menu. What can I do except changing location?

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by kate on 06-17-2005 at 04:22 PM

WHAT THE HELL to do?!? :(

RE: Can't add custom emoticons from the chat window by Zephyr on 06-17-2005 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kate
WHAT THE HELL to do?!? :(

This did happen to me for a while and was rather annoying. I tried changing the location to UK, but nothing happened, so I just left it.

Then I tried again a few days ago and i go the 'add' back. I simply signed in to passport.net and changed my account information. I changed everything I could to United Kingdom, including time zones and work location and other location. I restarted MSN Messenger and the 'add was back.