Shoutbox

DisplayPics - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: DisplayPics (/showthread.php?tid=45942)

DisplayPics by philau on 06-07-2005 at 08:58 PM

How do I close Plus, so that I can add displaypics. Whenever I add them, MSN crashes. I close MSN and use Task Manager to close Plus but when I reboot MSN, Plus is still active....hmmmm....cheers

RE: DisplayPics by Shezi on 06-07-2005 at 09:03 PM

u can disable it by typing msconfig in run dialogue...
then in msconfig > startup > then untick the MsgPlus!..
well may be some one else will reply to disable it from msgplus preference panel, but i know this way... ;)

RE: DisplayPics by philau on 06-07-2005 at 09:05 PM

thanks Shezi....cheers

RE: DisplayPics by Mentality on 06-07-2005 at 09:05 PM

is plus set to force itself to start when messenger starts, this would automatically make it start back up even if you end it in task mangager. check plus preferences

[Image: attachment.php?pid=475914]

RE: DisplayPics by Sunshine on 06-07-2005 at 10:53 PM

Philau:
It's normal that Plus! starts when you reboot. If you have Plus! set to "alternate mode" (plus > preferences > general > miscellanious tab) it will start when you (re)start MSNM. I think you've set it to that, put it back to "default" if you want to stop Plus! from loading when you restart MSNM  after you terminated Plus! in taskmanager..so you can add DPs (adding regular DPs shouldn't be a problem when you have Plus! running).

Mentality:
"Forced" makes Messenger Plus! load when computer starts, not when MSNM is started.

RE: DisplayPics by Patchou on 06-08-2005 at 05:53 AM

Errr.. could I know what displaypics you're trying to add that's crashing MSN with Plus! running? sounds like an important problem to me.

RE: DisplayPics by L. Coyote on 06-08-2005 at 06:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Errr.. could I know what displaypics you're trying to add that's crashing MSN with Plus! running? sounds like an important problem to me.
Yeah, sounds like a problem I used to have with Messenger Dexule!

quote:
Originally posted by philau
How do I close Plus, so that I can add displaypics. Whenever I add them, MSN crashes. I close MSN and use Task Manager to close Plus but when I reboot MSN, Plus is still active....hmmmm....cheers
Are you adding them the normal way?

Do you have StuffPlug-NG with MsgPlus! or another plug-ing that does something with display pictures?

Are you using an adder like Messenger Dexule! or CustoMess?

What version of Windows do you have? Have you updated MsgPlus!?