Shoutbox

wow (PSP hacking) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: wow (PSP hacking) (/showthread.php?tid=45952)

wow (PSP hacking) by guanako on 06-08-2005 at 02:54 AM

what do you guys think of this ?
http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,67742,00.html?tw=rss.TOP

RE: wow by SikStyles on 06-08-2005 at 02:58 AM

yea..they hack everything nowadays but i think its pretty cool ;)

RE: wow by guanako on 06-08-2005 at 03:00 AM

you can do pretty mcuh everything with pc's now

RE: wow by YottabyteWizard on 06-08-2005 at 03:01 AM

Don't have exact words for it... I don't even know where will all of this will get to. Hackers are doing what they want to. Its amazing, really. :|

RE: wow by Caboose on 06-08-2005 at 03:05 AM

I think that's amazing. Hackers have done it again. (Y) They rock (well, the good ones do, not the evil ones ¬_¬)

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by Pr0xY on 06-08-2005 at 04:35 AM

Old News.... :/

It is cool that the PSP is able to do that though.  But thats the least of the cool things a PSP can do. :p

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by YottabyteWizard on 06-08-2005 at 05:09 AM

Not for US PSPs, a friend of mine with PSP just tryied to put the software, but its supposed taht after the relase of the PSP in Japan it had the firmware version 1.0, later it was relased the firmware v1.5 wich contains some fixes and with this one the emulator won't work anymore, the firmware of the American PSPs already contains v1.5 so, this is just for Japanese PSPs that HAVE NOT upgraded.

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by RaceProUK on 06-08-2005 at 09:45 AM

For now. The article hints that people are close to breaking v1.5 too.

As for the people in the article claiming Sony are going against their stance of allowing home-brew development, maybe they want to think again. Firmware upgrades enhance security, they don't prevent home-brew development. I'm sure that if Sony wanted people to writ eprograms for the PSP, they'd have released a cheapish dev-kit to the public.

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by Pipish on 06-08-2005 at 09:55 AM

hardware is ment to be hacked

just like laws are ment to be broken

but that is a really cool hack

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by paperless on 06-08-2005 at 10:13 AM

the true DS ownage will happen when they develop a emulator to play ds games on PSP :P

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by aNILEator on 06-08-2005 at 10:52 AM

won't work will it? wouldn't you need two screens :P unless they made teh screens side by side then i don't think it would be too great

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by -Bogan- on 06-08-2005 at 11:00 AM

I don't care how they do it I just reckon it would be cool if they could do it. But if they did it wouldbe as paperless said pure DS ownage.

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by King For A Day on 06-08-2005 at 11:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
the true DS ownage will happen when they develop a emulator to play ds games on PSP :P

but the games that you realy need the touch for would suck wouldnt they,

maybe they'll get the psp games on nintendo...
RE: wow (PSP hacking) by tomfletcherman on 06-08-2005 at 08:13 PM

Well you could probably develop a touch pad on the back of an addon keyboard and write an amazing emulator if you were clever. The touch games suck, wario touch is a pile of w*nk you just mash the screen.

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by spokes on 06-08-2005 at 08:45 PM

www.i-hacked.com hack just about anything here

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by King For A Day on 06-08-2005 at 09:23 PM

hey hey they are trying a linux on ds thingie cool

http://www.dslinux.com/

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by Hybrid on 06-12-2005 at 04:16 AM

These days people hack every system out there

Xbox has the popular EvoX

Playstation 2 has Linux I think

game cube nothing that I know. People don't really care for Game Cube. I know I don't (Y)

who knows what they'll do Xbox 360? or PS3? I know that I'm getting Xbox 360 asap when it sells. I always wanted to try EvoX on my Xbox so I can back-up my CDs. I was too late though. Now I have to do alot of stuff just to mode it :@ I wont trouble myself with it :P

But I'm real excited to see what they will do with future game systems.

RE: RE: wow (PSP hacking) by Patchou on 06-12-2005 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid
Playstation 2 has Linux I think
lol, how sad... *-)

quote:
game cube nothing that I know. People don't really care for Game Cube. I know I don't (Y)
Correction: people who buy a Game Cube try to enjoy games and don't spend their time trying to modify their system so that it can do something else useless it was not designed to do.

If i want to play to Gameboy games, I'll buy them and play them on my Gameboy.
RE: RE: RE: wow (PSP hacking) by Hybrid on 06-12-2005 at 06:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Correction: people who buy a Game Cube try to enjoy games and don't spend their time trying to modify their system so that it can do something else useless it was not designed to do.

I'm a little obsessed with the moding that has been going on latley :angel: pretty cool.
RE: wow (PSP hacking) by Patchou on 06-12-2005 at 05:29 PM

I agree that it's "cool", but as faras I'm concerned, that's where it stops :p.

RE: wow (PSP hacking) by paperless on 06-12-2005 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Well..you can save money in that case.
Tell me one hack that is useless for the PSP?
I think no one not much people waste their time working in stuff that wont be useful at all. For some people it can be useless, yes, but maybe for others it may become useful.

It depends on many factors but overall i think its good if you can put as many devices in one as possible, you save money, space and can show other people who only use a device for what it was built without exploring all its capabilites :refuck: