Shoutbox

suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window (/showthread.php?tid=45960)

suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window by HornyToad on 06-08-2005 at 08:40 AM

hi,

i had an idea like that, just to put some type of file icon(s) under the receiver's avatar image, to represent the file transfer(s) in the chat window.

im currently transfering a 90meg file, and at ~25kb/s it could take a while. plus we're chatting so i keep loosing track of where the transfer % is in that window.

the icon(s) could be located right under the avatar image, and represent a %, estimated time of completion, speed, etc...

and would allow to monitor at a glance rather than have to find the transfer info in the conversation each time.

neways, keep up the good work on msgplus.

RE: suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window by haydos on 06-08-2005 at 08:46 AM

Do you mean something like File transfer Plus?

It uses an exterior window to MSN so it is easy to check

RE: suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window by RaceProUK on 06-08-2005 at 09:29 AM

Both sides need FTPlus for it to work. If there's something that just relocates the FT meter in Messenger, that'll suit the request.
A number of people, including myself, have looked into how this can be done, and while technically possible, it's also going to be very difficult.

RE: suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window by XM4ST3RX on 06-08-2005 at 10:06 AM

Hi,

I posted a thread about this with a screenshot available.... tell me whatcha think about it.

Link: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=45028

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: RE: suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window by HornyToad on 06-08-2005 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
Do you mean something like File transfer Plus?

It uses an exterior window to MSN so it is easy to check

besides both sides needing File transfer Plus installed, it also seems to start windows messenger in the background. wich is weird. unless its just the usual bug from updating msn7 itself (the one where WM5 starts at the same time msn7 does).

neways, i was just suggesting some way to see how the transfer is going.

RE: suggestion: icon with % for file transfers in chat window by RaceProUK on 06-08-2005 at 11:53 AM

No, it is FTPlus loading Windows Messenger. Apparently, there's a good reason for it, but I don't know what.