Shoutbox

Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=45963)

Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by dudeman_27 on 06-08-2005 at 09:02 AM

Hey does anybody know how MSN Messenger decides to make a number for emails you sign in on your msn messenger. like if you go to

"C:\Documents and Settings\David\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger"

Then you see a bunch of numbers, i know what mine is but does anybody know how it makes this number from an email?

*Note: Change the user after doc and sets to yours*

RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by Mike on 06-08-2005 at 09:04 AM

Try reading this: msn6 user id thingy ;)

RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by dudeman_27 on 06-08-2005 at 08:56 PM

lol yeah i saw that..heres the source code if anybody wants it.

RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-08-2005 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dudeman_27
There is already plenty of decent source code (and much better and faster!) in the thread posted by Mike.

Also the code you posted is from Ginge. And that code is extremely slow and very long and unneccesairy and thus not recommended for use... Also the thread from where you got the code on msnfanatic also lists the same better and faster source code to do this in VB.

(and all this is already in detail explained in the thread posted by Mike)

In other words, read the entire thread(s) first before posting and don't cross post with things already in other threads to avoid confusing and spreading of "not-so-good" code.

;)
RE: RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by dudeman_27 on 06-09-2005 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
There is already plenty of decent source code (and much better and faster!) in the thread posted by Mike.

Also the code you posted is from Ginge. And that code is extremely slow and very long and unneccesairy and thus not recommended for use... Also the thread from where you got the code on msnfanatic also lists the same better and faster source code to do this in VB.

(and all this is already in detail explained in the thread posted by Mike)

In other words, read the entire thread(s) first before posting and don't cross post with things already in other threads to avoid confusing and spreading of "not-so-good" code.

;)

yeah but if your stupid like me and dont get all that jargin then you just want to copy and paste..lol. and it didnt take more than a second for me..i dunno i guess my computer is fast ;).
RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by RaceProUK on 06-09-2005 at 01:12 AM

And for those who's PCs aren't so fast? The C code wtbw produced is about as fast as it gets. And I do mean fast.

RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by dudeman_27 on 06-09-2005 at 01:57 AM

eh well..it has to be pretty slow. lol. and thats vb, i dont do C. hey there's another reason!

RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-09-2005 at 02:57 AM

quote:
yeah but if your stupid like me and dont get all that jargin then you just want to copy and paste..lol. and it didnt take more than a second for me..
The good and decent VB code is also just "copy and paste", you don't even need to read all the mambo jambo...

quote:
i dunno i guess my computer is fast ;).
quote:
eh well..it has to be pretty slow. lol. and thats vb, i dont do C. hey there's another reason!
This shows that you even didn't read beyond the post from Ginge... And even if your pc is fast, the code from Ginge still remains crappy and very slow... and thus all certainly not a reason to cross post this in another thread.
RE: RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by dudeman_27 on 06-09-2005 at 03:02 AM

quote:
quote:
yeah but if your stupid like me and dont get all that jargin then you just want to copy and paste..lol. and it didnt take more than a second for me..
The good and decent VB code is also just "copy and paste", you don't even need to read all the mambo jambo...

quote:
i dunno i guess my computer is fast ;).
quote:
This shows that you even didn't read beyond the post from Ginge... And even if your pc is fast, the code from Ginge still remains crappy and very slow... and thus all certainly not a reason to cross post this in another thread.

yes i did..didnt work for me.
RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-09-2005 at 03:29 AM

what didn't work?

RE: RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by dudeman_27 on 06-09-2005 at 04:07 AM

quote:
what didn't work?

the "faster" version.
RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by CookieRevised on 06-09-2005 at 03:35 PM

And about what "faster" version are you talking about? (there are more then 1 "faster" routines posted there. Anyways, everything posted in that thread works perfectly.

If you're talking about my routines, the fastest there are and easiest to understand (as they are almost 1 to 1 copies of the original C++ routine) then it is strait forward and very easy Visual Basic, there is nothing difficult about it; they are even much easier to understand then all the other crappy VB routines out there...

Oh and btw, the code from Ginge (the one you added as an attachment in this thread) is also buggy and will return wrong values for certain emailaddresses. So, even more a reason to remove the attachment; the only bugfree VB routines are the ones I posted...

RE: Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger by dudeman_27 on 06-09-2005 at 05:36 PM

eh..shal helped me. works. lol...